Bunks Rotted on a 2016 Nitro tandem trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obra Horn

Reaction score
How can this be a 2016 Z21 tandem trailer and the bunks are already rotted out! I have been fishing for a very long time and have owned several boats and not one time did I have to replace a bunk ever! The trailer is in the water to launch the boat maybe 3 minutes and at home is stored inside always so can someone explain to my why and recommend replacements?

Thanks in advance!

It's the type of carpet they use and no pressure treated boards. I had to replace the bunks on all of my Nitro trailers (3) and 2 of the 3 complete trailers. The box frame is for **** and so is the Galvasheild. If you never want to replace the bunks again I have replaced mine with Cedar planking. You can buy rough sawed Cedar boards there cheaper.

If you replace the bunkers yourself, make sure you leave an opening on the bottom of the bunker( lengthwise). Don't wrap the carpet all the way around it, it needs drainage so the bunkers won't rot!

Obra Horn,

I had to replace mine a 2017 last year! I found some on Amazon already wrapped with a rubber pad under the carpet covering done with treated wood.
They have worked very well for me. They came fully wrapped and stapled- covered on the bottom side as well. I pulled them all apart, trimmed the carpet and left a gap on the bottom side of the runners,stapled the carpet back on and installed. No issues since then and they appear to be as solid as when new.

Latest posts

Back