Broken transducer mount

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Hey all:

Managed to break off the puck for my Tracker 160 fishfinder (by Humminbird) mounted to the trolling motor. I suspect it happened when I went to retrieve a lure stuck on shore (last time I sacrifice a $60+ transducer for a $5 lure!!). Basically, the plastic tabs that are held by the hose clamp around the motor snapped off at the top of the puck. Anybody figure out a good way to remount the puck onto the trolling motor without those tabs? I still have remnants of the tabs on the puck (and the broken pieces still clamped to the motor!), but I suspect merely gluing them on won't work. Maybe JB Weld?

Any assistance that helps me avoid the $60+ replacement cost of the transducer greatly appreciated!!

try guerrilla glue, I used it on mine and its held up for two seasons

That stuff is the Shiznizzle of glues.

Either that or a two part expoy;)

Jim if that don't work, shoot me the part number for the replacement. I have one NIB out in the shed collecting dust but I don't remember what model it fits?

BF

Thanks Bruce. The trolling motor transducer is the puck type model XTM-6-24. I'm going to try the Gorilla glue first go round and see how that holds. Thanks again!

Darn Jim.. I have a brand new one also because I didn't want to mount that kind of puck on my trolling motor and Greg Walters helped me out. The numbers don't match though. Mine is for a Matrix and it's an XTM but the numbers don't match..

I don't remember how to get in touch with Greg at Humminbird but I bet he'd have an idea if he see's this.

Uncle Billy

I have one or two of the those transducers also. If Bruce's doesn't work out for ya, let me know.

Donnie

Thanks guys!!

Don - if Bruce's transducer doesn't fit, I'd be interested in if one of your does. It would be good to get a spare just in case. With a tin rig, unfortunately I'm not shy about getting into skinny spots!! Maybe I should be?

Greg - thanks (as always) for your great support!! It was on your website that I learned the old transducers are discontinued :eek::(

Sorry Jim, mine is a XT-6-TB-90-P fits the 300tx,350tx,400tx and 450tx...

Anybody need it?

BF

Hey Greg, It's darn good to hear from you again. You keep getting these new positions and you'll soon be Mr. Humminbird:rolleyes:

How easy would it be for Jim to get one of those cable adapters? Is it something he can pick up locally?

I'll go back out and get the number off of the one I have Jim so you'll know exactly what you'll need. If you want it that is. You are more than welcome to it if it will help you and Greg says it will, I think:D

Uncle Billy

Thanks guys! I sincerely appreciate all the help from NTOWS members! Gorilla glue first this weekend, then discussing with Donjovi his spares, then we'll see from there. Heck, I'm also looking at the possibility of even a different set up altogether! Will keep you guys posted - thanks again!!!

Seems like a good excuse to buy a new 987c SI to me....:cool: :cool: :cool:

GREG,

Any good deals coming up on the SI units for NTOWS members ??? Since we are your favorites...;););););) :D

I'll be ready to upgrade the Matrix 37's this spring.

Latest posts

Back