2021 Targa V19 Humminbird Transducer Mount

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 53552

Reaction score
It seems I am not the only owner with the problem of the transducer mount that kicks up if the boat is driven over somewhere around 35 mph. On the advice of a Humminbird technician I installed the center screw, but then the mount broke. I replaced it with the same type of mount. I believe it needs moved up or to another location. The mount can also be replaced by a solid metal mount, but then you lose the breakaway safety feature. I also should add that I have a 200 horsepower motor and the boat easily tops out in the 50 mph plus range. I am not a fan of drilling holes in my fairly new boat to experiment with location. I have seen where other owners have used a sacrificial composite plate for this reason, but you are still drilling holes to mount the plate. As to location, how far can the transducer be moved up or to the left or right before it causes problems with your sonar signal, down view or side scan? Picture of my setup attached.
55DEA449-AEB8-45C2-B6E9-97212FCDD68D.jpeg

Come on guys! Nobody has any interest or input! Just looking for some thoughts please.

I have the same boat, but my transducers are different. But looking at yours I would say it is mounted to low. the bottom of it should be about even with the bottom of the bottom of the boat. I have had those type of transducers on my older boat that would only do about 38 and it would kick up occasionally until I moved it up. Some of them have holes that will allow you to slide them up.

Thanks for the replies. The mount is not defective unless all the Humminbird mounts of these types are bad. That it may be too low is my thought after looking at and watching other installs online. This is where Tracker placed it at factory installation and the adjustment up is already maxed out. I have a plastic transducer mount board on order and after installing that the transducer is going to be 2 to 3 inches higher for my new location. If that doesn’t help, there is a solid metal mount available for this transducer and I will get one of those.

Thinking tlhdually has it right. " I would say it is mounted to low. the bottom of it should be about even with the bottom of the bottom of the boat". Mine is mounted even with the bottom.

On my last two boats I put a plate the back. Putting 2 holes in the boat was tolerable given the flexibility it offered. I definitely took advantage of moving the transducer around on both of them. They were Crestliners and there was something about the flow that gave problems when moving above 3mph. That being said, on my new Nitro it came installed by the dealer with no plate and is working for me and staying put, even at high speeds.

Nothing wrong with your location...Maybe moving it up just a bit will help. Here is a picture of the transducers on my PGV. Notice that the mounts are metal and adjustable. They are tightened just enough that if it happens to strike something they will give. Any transducer that that strikes something at 40-50 mph will break. The bigger transducer is a 3 in 1, the smaller one is a Split Shot.
DSCN2640.JPG

The plastic XNT mount typically will fail due to overtightening the mount to the mount surface. It deforms the mount base and makes it weak. The metal version (MHX MXNT) does have impact break-away =the ratchets and rubber washers. That mount is recommended for higher speeds than the plastic one. It is standard for the first generation MEGA DI transducers. The pictured XNT location is correct for that hull style, READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. 1/2 of the left side should be level with the hull forward of it so that has all of the right side below the hull forward of it.

Thanks for the reply, sounds like I need to order the metal mount for high speed operation and I will still install the plastic block for flexibility. Kinda hard to READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS seeing that I didn’t do the installation, White River Marine did at the factory.

White River did the proper install for your hull. It looks like others commenting should read the instructions.

I did not use the factory transducer placement spot. I upgraded to a helix 8 mega Si/Di. According to instructions from hummingbird, they recommend minimum 15” from motor. I installed a transducer mounting plate and put in the location shown. I have had zero problems, and reads at top speed of 43mph on my 2021Proguide 175.

Attachments

• AFCD5116-4CC5-4589-9D46-917EE9766116.jpeg
    AFCD5116-4CC5-4589-9D46-917EE9766116.jpeg
    525.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4D61F49A-2EA3-49D4-8F6A-E04B80B65073.jpeg
    4D61F49A-2EA3-49D4-8F6A-E04B80B65073.jpeg
    752.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back