Braggin' on Dad

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll, I know we normally like to brag on our young'uns, but I gotta turn the tables one time. My dad made a custom rod for the Wounded Soldiers Tournament and here's a few pics. He's a patriot thru and thru, couldn't really afford to do it but he did it anyway, gotta love him! Thanks again to all that could participate in taking our fellow servicemembers out for a day to enjoy our great country:p

Dad with Custom Rod.JPG

Wounded Soldiers Tournament Rod.JPG

JP

WoW!! And brag you should JP!:wub: What a beautiful and proud gift for that event!! Not just something bought, though there's absolutely nothing at all wrong with that, but something handmade, and from the heart! Your Dad should be extremely proud and you obviously are because you posted his tale here for us to read! Thanks for what you did Mr. JP, it was a great thing to do!!!!:cool:

Uncle Billy

Wasn't that the rod given away here in DC?? Very, very, cool and by all standards the most cherished award at the event. I sure wish I could have gotten it (it was for the servicemen/women only)!!

TOXIC

JP. Brag all you want, something to be proud off. Pass on to your dad, rod looks great, very nice.

Dan

That was a great gift from your Dad. A little bit of immortality just left your family and spread to another. The recipient of that rod will sharew a story with his family and that rod will become a family heirloom. That sends a shiver down my spine... soooo cool!:cool:

That was one AWESOME rod there!!!!!

Very nicely done!!!!!!!

please pass to your dad a very hearty THANKS!

This country will servive all odds because of people like your Dad. Proud american.

God bless Him.:)

Thanks fellas, it means a lot. I will definitely pass on your words of appeciation to Dad. And yes TOX, that is the rod that was given away. Dad mailed it from Oregon to Billy Davenport, a member of the Nova club and he made sure it got there. I'll be stateside next year and I hope to bring my boat up and participate in the event. Ya'll be good.

JP

You stay safe and if you do decide to haul your rig up next year, you have a place to stay wih me. I am a little ways from DC but the price is right!!:lol:

TOXIC

Will TOX, I sure appreciate the invite and I will keep that raincheck! Thanks, good fishin' to ya.

JP

Latest posts

Back