BPS has the Spro Little Johns....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you know they're on their site now.;)

Naw - they stopped working completely. Fish are totally used to them now. I've never seen a bait drop off so quickly.

I feel so bad talking them up and making you all run out and buy them, so I'm going to make a special offer - send every single one of them that you have to me immediatly, and I'll give you a buck each for them. Sorry I can't afford to offer more, but it's the least I can do to help you get some of your money back.

I guess I'll just collect them all off the market and "dispose" of them properly. :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry if I have caused any of you problems at all. It's a terrible bait, and since SPRO won't recall them, I think it only proper that I gather them all up and put a bit of money back in your pockets.

No, no - no need to thank me now. It's the least I can do for making you all run out and buy this horrid lure.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On the serious side (for those of you that don't know the above is a joke and/or a ploy to collect all the SPRO Little Johns in existance) - I'm loving these little jems! Awesome bait. SPRO got this one dead on! (Now I'm just waiting on a deeper diver version... Hey SPRO!!!.... how about it?! :p )

All the best,

Glenn

Yep..one that gets down to about 10 to 12 ft. with the same body design.

With some careful placement of one of the "stickon" weights I believe you could get it that deep with out ruining the action...

Just an update....got out on the water yesterday for a few hours. Foud out I'm not back to 100% after the flu but nonetheless, I threw the Little John quite a bit. I was having a crappy bite on both the Senko and a dropshot, I even tried a shakey head for a while. So I picked up the Little John and tried it in a few different situations. I can tell you this time, I did get it hung up and scratched the you know what out of my new TM getting it back!!:lol: I tossed it on rip rap and caught a couple but where they really seemed to like it was tapering points with a drop off. I caught 4 or 5 within an hour doing that. I even watched one come up from below and take it right at the boat. Me not being a crankbait guy....did pretty well.

TOXIC

Tox - Try this after mid-day. (It's hard to wait and do with this bait, but worth it!) Parallel it against the sides, under (it skips well) and in front of docks, banging and pausing into as many pilings/obstacles as you can. HOLD ON TIGHT! These semi-lethargic winter bass are set up perfectly for this little bait. As the sun warms the wood and flotation, the docks will pick up a few degrees difference in temp, drawing bait into the warmth and shade. (Especially on sunny, cold days.) The big green dudes that pulled out/deeper in the evening are following them right back up. In pockets with a number of close quarter docks, you can load up quick at a pretty good clip. Keep mental note of the docks that produce one or two aggressive fish and swing back with a soft bait of some type. (I'm sure you have a favorite! LOL!!) I can't begin to tell you how well this thing has been triggering spots and largemouth down here, burning docks and covering water. It is a dynamic water eliminating tool, narrowing down the productive areas. Spooky and Chart. Shad has been the ticket for me in our clear water, but the Citrus and Cell Mate have done well up river in the heavier stain. Don't be afraid to torque the line tie a little to get that thing running under the edges a little more. It'll straighten right back. I've been throwing it on 8/20# Crystal and it always comes back! (Quite often with a greenie in tow!!)

Don't you love winter? Sleep late, stroll down to the pond and whack a bunch with one or two rods, being home for dinner. :D

Toxic, why don't you suck it up and just wait awhile before going out again. Wouldn't it be better to get well first and then go out fishin'? Or maybe you'd rather stay sick all winter?

Uncle Billy

Toxic, why don't you suck it up and just wait awhile before going out again. Wouldn't it be better to get well first and then go out fishin'? Or maybe you'd rather stay sick all winter?

Uncle Billy

No kiddin Unk....I thought I was all better, just a little weak but I got home and found out I was not ready to get out, still had fun but paid the price!! I wanted to run some fuel through the boat anyway, it had been sitting for more than 2 weeks.

Thanks for the tips Dan, makes perfect sense to toss them around docks. Never tried to skip one though. I was doing just the opposite, I was paralleling banks with deep drops. I need all the tips and tricks out there since I am a late comer to the crankin' game. I always knew it was more than a chuck and wind bait but I never really fished it enough to pick up any tricks.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back