Battery charging

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

This may seem like a simple question, but I want to make sure I am not making mistakes.

How do you know when your batteries are fully charged?

I have a Sears charger (10/2/50) and there are no charge indicators on the batteries. The batteries are the standard tracker deep cycle and cranking that came with my boat, a 2001 Pro Angler 16. The charger has a needle gauge that shows the amps I am charging at. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich D

Rich,..I had a charger just like that (with a 12hour timer on it too...does your have a timer??) a few years ago when I first started bass fishing.....My charger's needle would swing way over to the right (max amperage) when my batteries were low, (i'd set the timer to 8-10hrs).....as they charged the needle would move it's way back to the left to the point where it would register about 3-5 amps......that was when the batteries were fully charged and the unit would automatically revert to "trickle charge".....I'd plug it in...set the timer to 8 hours and forget about it. It always fully charged my batteries yet would never drop below 3 amps. I still have that charger as a backup just incase my on-board ever goes bad. Hope this helps......tight lines and full charges!!!
Mac

Mac,

No timer, but everything else sounds right. I always stop charging when it does drop down to 3-5 amps, I just wasn't sure that was correct.

Thanks!
Rich D

Thanks Mac. I have a similar charger that I have lost the directions to and could not remember the workings. Unlike Rich D I was ashamed to ask on this board. Ain't pride a wonderful thing (LOL)! I for one treasure your advice on this board. Seems if I have a question in a day or two someone will ask. And often as not you bail us out! My thanks friend. You are valued by the folks on here especially me.
Gene

Wow,...that's a nice thing to say guys,...thank you!! As someone mentioned earlier we were all newcomers at one time, and anytime i can help someone I'll be sure to do so...I had a lot of help (and still need it too) in the past and i'm certainly not affraid to pass it along...that's what it's all about!! Thanks again for the nice words!!
Mac

Latest posts

Back