another trailer question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Macaluso

Reaction score
Speaking of trailers I have a question those of you who own 9 series boats. How many of you would have ordered your trailer with fiberglass fenders Vs. the regular fenders if you had a choice ? The reason I ask is that I recently was on the new Nitro site and was surprised to see that the fiberglass fenders are now an option for the trailer. Personally had I known better I would have went with metal fenders . The reason being is that even though fiberglass fenders look great it

I've had both......and they both have their pro's and cons.

Metal scratches as easily as 'glass,...but metal will also bend and/or dent and 'glass breaks!! It's alot more expensive to repair glass too.....but it looks alot better than metal...(dem basses love sparkles). Metal will rust eventually no matter how hard you try to keep it clean!!

I love the glass fenders on my 901 but if I had to order them again as an "option" (they were std on a 2000) I probably wouldn't.....unless I planned on keeping the boat. Most Pro's tried to keep their costs down as much as possible fore resale purposes....so I probably wouldn't order them on a new boat. I think the glass fenders just look alot better than metal anyway....like the tandem axle/single axle debate!! LOL

dem TREES love sparkles......dooohhh. I would get the glass fenders again because "anything worth having is worth taking care of" (TOXIC quote). They just look too good. Glass trailers rust too....just not the fenders. On another note, Tom you said you got your trailer to quit blowing the clear backups? How'd you do it.....I got a couple new ones from Craig and I'm afraid to put them in till I find out why BOTH of the old ones blew. I know Mac has the same problem.

TOXIC

yeah...my left B/U light kept blowing.....got tired of replacing it.....so it's still blown now!!..ahaha..right side works fine...always has!! wierd...

I've had both, and will not pay for the option. If it's free/no cost i'll go with the glass 'cause it does look better all shiny and glittery. But the metal don't look bad! and when its trade in time they ain't going to give you an extra $250 or so for fiberglass fenders. KENNY

On the truck or trailer Mac? I lost my BU lights on the Explorer and ALSO on that fuse (one of thoe itty-bitty 2 prongs) is the OD override. Replaced a 10a with a 15a to give a little more tolerance. I found out the BU lights were out when I tried to put the trailer in the driveway....wouldn't go. Trailer BU's have been out and taped up for a long time..

TOXIC

they kept blowing on the trailer.....had problems with the truck blowing fuses too, but that hasn't happened since i took it to the dealer and had a module changed.

The only suggestion I have is maybe check your ground wires ??? They could be loose or maybe there is an exposed wire somewhere ?

Been there done that...on all that I could see anyways. It's all up in the trailer and I'm not gonna yank it all and have it run outside. But at $9.00+ per light, I don't want to make a mistake that I could have avoided.

TOXIC

just noticed my fenders rusting a bit such that you definately wouldn't want to step on it either. i like nitro boats but think they make some "low cost" fenders. i've seen some that were stainless steel that looked good and didn't rust on other brands. Seems like the way to go.

jd

Yeah stainless fenders are the best I've encountered. And James knows what I'm talking about..................sa

About the backup lights burning out, I have a 01 929 and I had trouble with these lights blowing out. Dealer would replace them for the first year, but after that they were on me. I contacted Tracker about it and they said they had a bunch of bad bulbs. They sent me some replacments and for the last nine months I have not blown any bulbs. I think I went thru six or seven bulbs, some before I got off the dealers lot, before I got good ones. Now all is well. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

HA!! Now the pressure is on Craig.....he sent me the new ones and I had to wait for them to come in (back ordered) so, let's hope they are the new ones. I'm gonna go ahead and untape the plugs, use a little electrical grease and see what happens. Thanks for the info Jack. You nervous Craig???

TOXIC

right on steven. someday i'll get me some of those fenders too.

jd

Latest posts

Back