Replacement hardware to attach fenders on 2010 Z8 trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a boat trailer here with a very loose fender. I used a heat gun, removed the pad you step on and found strange carriage bolts I guess. They are all loose with no way to tighten them and not a typical piece of hardware. If anyone know what these are called and where I could get replacements I’d really appreciate it. I can’t trailer this boat anywhere like this.

there was one that was snapped off and I was able to try a traditional carriage bolt. they slot that a carriage bolt would lock into is either stripped or something. I’d love to see one that wasn’t corroded off.
thaknks for all the help

I located them. They were described as "elevator bolts". I removed the grippy step from the fender with a heat gun. drilled out the rusted and loose ones that hadnt broken yet and added these with a nylon lock nut and a washer below. tighening was tricky. i held from above with channel locks until the nut was fully on and then applied pressure from above as i locked them down. I used 3/8" elevator bolts. Its rock solid. I hope this helps the next person!

Latest posts

Back