Another Livewell Question.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Craft

Reaction score
Okay please forgive me, but this is my first bass boat (2000 NX 882). I tried to read the instruction on the Flow Rite live well plumbing ,but could not understand some of the aspects of the system.

Okay, I have two three(3) posistion switches on the dash which I understand (Off, On and Auto), but do you turn one on (or auto) and one off or both on (or auto). I understand one switch is for Recirc and the other is for Fill.

In the livewell there is a mess screen on the bottom of the wells, a drain I would think. Two tubes, I think an Aereator and a Fill. They are placed one on each side of the live well. The tubes are mounted at the top of the wells connected with a "L" fitting. Ok, so far so good.

Now, to the right of the drivers seat is the three positions toggle (Fill, Empty and Recirc) just underneath the throttle. Here is my question, how do you use this toggle.......

1. While your on plane?

2. Filling?

3. Wanting to empty?

4. Keeping it full?

Thanks for your patients.

Bryan

To fill, you generally need to be moving slowly, or stopped. Not on plane. On plane is good for emptying, whether on purpose or by accident. If the valve(s) are left open, when you get on plane they will empty out.

Fill, empty and recirc.

Fill switch is just for that, filling when stopped or trolling motor.

Empty is for when you want to pump out, not just drain.

Recirculate is when you simply want to move the water around in a closed system. This can be helpful if you have a long run to make. Put it on recirc, and just let it flow within the system.

Not sure that I touched all your questions.

Tex

Texas is right.

Fill closes the livewell drain on the bottom. Empty opens the livewell drain causing water to flow through the drain. Recirc closes the drain and recircs the water inside the livewell.

Recirc should only be used when trailering or running for a long distance in my opinion. Those fishies need fresh water.

The switches on the dash control the pump, and the switches below are for the livewell drain.

Good luck

I have the same boat as you. Here is how the livewell works

as you stated theres two spray bars in the well. one goes to a pump that is used strictly for filling and is run using the aux fill switch. never use that pump while on plane as it will burn out. placing this switch on auso will bring frsh water into the well on the timer. the other spray bar is attached to a pump that has a valve on it, that valve is contolled by that dial under the throttle and the fill/recirc switch on the dash. with the dial on the fill position the pump will draw in fresh water and close the drain. with the dial on recirc the pump will pull water from the livewell and pump it back into the livewell. you can use recirc while on plane. empty will open the drain and let water flow out of the livewell, it is not a pumpout system. flow rite has a page that explains how it works pretty good. i put a link to it.
http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/system4.htm

Latest posts

Back