2010 z8 livewell pump out prob

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kconrad

Reaction score
Port side livewell pump out quit working. Push the button on dash and red light comes on but pump does not work I unscrewed it from cup to visually see if it was not spinning it was not pulled out known working starboard side pump out pump and switched them same thing did not work in port side put the old port one worked in starboard so both pumps are good. Looked under dash for a fuse hears where the real question is there are 2 pumps on each live well im guessing one pump is to fill and recic and the other is for the pump out only. Pulled all fused and replaced still nothing I could not find a specific fuse for the pump out unless it’s hidden somewhere. I’m thinking even though the push button switch is lighting it still may be broken my next step will be volt meter at the actual pump and if nothing replace the switch. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had same problem. Thx for your time.

Are you able to bypass the switch by jumping from one side of switch to other side? If pump works then it's the switch, If not check the ground and or broken/corroded wires

Are you able to bypass the switch by jumping from one side of switch to other side? If pump works then it's the switch, If not check the ground and or broken/corroded wires
Yeah good idea thanks for reply. On the 2010 z8 council looks like the whole dash needs to be pulled off to access the back sides of those switch’s unfortunately I think that’s my next step. Last time that dash was pulled off was done at bass pro and when they took it off and put it back on and some of the brackets and snaps were broke it was loose and not put back on good some of the areas where it was broke they just siliconed it. I had to pretty much retighten everything myself was really hoping I could avoid taking it all apart to access the back of switch’s but think that’s the next step.

Latest posts

Back