2008 Z7 Livewll

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimJ

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2008 Z7 Nitro. Having trouble understanding the controls for the livewell. Have read some posts that have helped-learned the valve in the livewell has a push/ pull valve. I do not have a separate switch under my throttle for aerate/ fill, etc. I have basically two switches: pumpout/ recirculate and aerate auto/ manual. The pumpout/recirc switch makes absolutely no sense since there is no neutral position on the switch, so it must be doing one or the other. The auto aerate seems to work but when I use the manual aerate it fills the livewell and then overflows and I end up having to bilge.. is there supposed to be a float switch that controls that filling? I am looking for a basic description of how the system is supposed to work. Appreciate any help I can get

Sounds like first you need to fix leaks, there should be zero water in the bilge at all, whether from the livewell overflow, pumps, fittings, hoses. The only water that gets in the bilge is from the top from all the drains on deck or in compartments.

If you have the pumpout/recirculate switch, I doubt you have the red push/pull lever inside the livewells.

The aerate switch in the manual setting is working perfect. It just pumps water in until you shut it off or it fills up and goes out the overflow to a drain hole on the back of the boat. This should never fill the bilge. The auto setting will just pump until a timer shuts off, then continue pumping water in till next timer off.

Not sure about your set up with the pumpout switch, there should be an off position in the middle. I'll let someone else help you with this.

Thanks for the quick response Andrebass!
20230620_103424.jpg
20230620_103355.jpg
20230619_095133.jpg

I definitely have the push/pull valve and I definitely have the 2-postion switch for pumpout/ recirculate, and there definitely is not a neutral position on that switch. Can share photos if that helps.

I know that after I have forgot and left it in the manual aerate position I have had so much water in the boat that I ran the bilge literally for 5 minutes to empty it out (depends on how long I had it running but had that experience once). I do not get water in the boat otherwise so it must be coming from the livewell. Maybe my overflow tube is clogged? Not sure where that is located or how to check that but may be part of the overflow problem. Assume it is at the top of the livewell somewhere. Is there no level sensing switch to shut it off automatically?

BTW, the lights for the engage valve never come on: may be burnt out bulb, not entirely certain yet

Sorry for the size of the pictures if they come in as large as they look on my screen

On my Z19 Pro, the pump out works in tandem with the push pull valve in the live-well. Cant remember if I push or pull it then hit the pump out switch.

Aerator fills lake water into the live well. Recirc, just recirculates the water in the livewell(for when your towing your boat home and want to keep fish fresh). Pull that red spigot out and flip recirc on and this will pump water out of livewell -instead of pulling plug. (eg. If your on the water and want to pump it out)

Thank you all for the help. I now know how the 2-position pumpout/recirc switch is used in combination with the red spigot. My boat is currently out of the water but I will test the manual and automatic recirc button when I put it back into the lake. The only real question I have now is how do you control over-filling the boat with the manual button and is there supposed to be an over-flow tube or some or method to prevent it from over-filling?

What, If I may ask, Is the white thingy below the red push/pull?

The switch makes no sense with the pumpout and also having the red push/pull, Is it an after market add on?

Isn't the red push/pull connected to one pump and that's why the valve is in place?

The red nozzle Push/Pull is associated with the recirc button/toggle.

1. Pushed and hit recirc, water recircs in take (no fresh water)

2. Pull out and hit recirc, water from tank will pump out of boat into the lake. (Only resean to pull red nozzle out)

3. Fill fills tank with lake water.(red nozzle pushed in)

4. Auto fill will fill tank, on a timer, so every so often, take will add lake water to tank "refresh the water" (red nozzle pushed in)

5. Plug in take (usually bottom of tank) will obviously drain water out of tank when loaded on trailer.

Hope that helps.

What, If I may ask, Is the white thingy below the red push/pull?

The switch makes no sense with the pumpout and also having the red push/pull, Is it an after market add on?

Isn't the red push/pull connected to one pump and that's why the valve is in place?
Yeah not sure what it is myself. Seems like that might be where the livewell is leaking into the bilge area.

That collar around the push pull could be leaking. fill well up, see if anything is running down the drain hoses, there is a thin piece of board you can take out to access rear of livewells.

The white thingy in the tank is lights for the livewell. I will check the sealant around the red tube e ro make sure it is not leaking. Thanks for all the help everyone

Latest posts

Back