A Gathering of Old & New Friends!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
Happy 2004!

The Rally is only a few months away now! Time to start making serious plans!

This will be the first time that it has been held in the same place twice..... Hopefully, we will see many of the old faces for a reunion along with some of the newer faces that have joined our ranks in the past year and those who weren't able to make it last year!

Bring your Families!

There will again be a Multi-species Tournament for the kids!

Come meet Rich Stern AND The Mighty Michael "Trepman" Trepper!

Info is posted at the link on the Home Page and in the Events Message Board. I will update these as additions or changes are made to the schedule and events.

Call Shirley at The Moors Resort for reservations. 800-626-5472.

Or, contact "me!"

See you all there!

me!

Staci Matheis

303 Village Drive

Glen Carbon, Illinois 62034

618-288-5041

[email protected]

Can't wait...I always have my bass gear ready to go but, gonna' have to get my "slab crappy" rods and baits ready to go too.

I found something interesting me! Last time I was down there was about 5 years ago and the "majority" crappy at that time was the white...Now I'm reading the last few years the black is the predominent species. And from what I've read the black and white react differently and spawn in different places.

I'll have to brush up on some good crappy tactics for black crappy, but shouldn't be too difficult....usually the locals are pretty good about giving "basic" info and that's all I need. We spanked em' last time...lots of 15 to 18" crappies..."slab city"! Woo hoo!

TEE

TEE -

You won't have any trouble figuring out where to fish for crappie..... Just look for where all the boats are anchored! Lots of 'em!

And you should see the size of the fish they were bringing in! I have never seen such big crappie in my life!

me!

WOW I didn't know Rich was comming this year! WOO HOO!!!

So, me!, this is the second time you mentioned Crappie (it's not Crappy Tee!!!, otherwise I have a "Crappy" boat!!! LOL) So should I concentrate on Crappie on Friday and land the big bass on Saturday??

Can't WAIT!!

You bet..last time and time before we heard rumors of 4 lb. Crappies being caught! Funny how an 18 incher won't even raise an eyebrow down there....up here that's a monster.

The first time down we figured it out but, had a good hot-spots map that got us headed in the right direction..now I know a few good holes on Kentucky but, have had better over all luck as far as size on Barkley up in Eddy Creek. I have a lot of areas marked for the new season...cycles say it should be good.

BTW...I'll be down more than 2 days..if the fishin' holds out. And Trep it's pronounced "Crappy" up North and "Crappie" down south..or is that "verce visa":)

TEE

Tee - I'll arrive late Thursday probably 7pmish. And unfortunetly down here they do call them CRAPPY! I will NEVER forget the call from Tracker 3 weeks after the boat show when they said "Mr. Trepper, this is Bass Pro Shops, we wanted to let you know your CRAPPY boat is rigged and ready to go!". To this day I HATE that they called this wonderful laid out boat a Crappie boat. I could have lived with Panfish 17, or Multi Species 17 but NOT Crappie!

Ahhhh...Trep you know you got a keeper. We all know it's a good boat...whatever it's called. Lookin' foward to the Mrs. spankin' me again :) I love that(*)! And meetin' everbody also!

TEE

Ah Tee, I usualy don't have my wife spank me in public, it's usual after the kids are asleep!!! LOL!!

Aya,

I can understand ta crappy thing.Sounds like there's some good wadda down there.I'll have to look at my calanda.Be nice to meet some of you folks.

Tim

Folks,!!!! What about a midrange errrrrrrrrr Left Coast

site one time?

I am here daily three to ten times a day while I do not post as much as others I noticed on the poll a few weks back ton"o Nitro owners here in Cally!!

Have Fun

Mark

I have a few requests if I go:

1) Someone must show me the way to a 5 lber.

2) If I slay some crappie, it's time I learn how to clean them. Anyone up for teaching?

3) No peeking when I pee over (or on) the side of my boat.

4) I will have to round up someone to go so be kind to whoever I bring.

Think I can achieve all of the above?

1) There were only two 5 lber's caught last year - one wasn't a bass! (It was a very large drum!) There was a 5 lb+ bass caught Sunday morning right against the sea wall that surronds the marina - I think on a crank bait; unfortunately, almost everyone had headed home by the time it was brought in..... Who did catch that fish? Anyone remember?

2) I would be more than happy to show you how to clean them!

3) LOL! Haven't you ever heard of a coffee can and poncho?

4) If they can be friendly to me, they'll be friendly to anyone!

:)

Teri -

Back on 4/02/02, I posted "I've got a question for the Ladies....." regarding the very sort of situation you've just asked about..... Take a look at it for the replies, including one from Penny Berryman! My post read:

I've long wondered why men and women don't compete in the same fishing tournament series. If ever there were a sport where both were equal, surely this must be it. I've come up with some ideas, but I'm sure that they aren't the real reasons.......

10. Wives and girlfriends would have the potential to earn as much or more than the men.

9. Male bass would compete to be held - maybe even kissed - by the women.

8. Female bass would come up to the women to share pictures of their children.

7. Maidenform might want to sponsor a series - and all the boats would have to be dual consoles.

6. Who wants a rear view mirror in a bass boat? They'd all be turned the wrong direction anyway.

5. Fish are scared away by the noise created by an empty coffee can rolling around in the boat.

4. Long hair might clog the floor drains.

3. Five minutes of fishing time would be lost stopping to refresh make-up on the way back to the weigh-in.

2. Flowered seat fabric in a bass boat?

1. It's a know fact that a true measure of masculinity is how expensive the toys you own are..... And what real man could handle knowing that the best rods and reels made were the "Penny Berryman Signature Series"!

OK..... I just had another thought.....

We'll have a "Crappie Fry" on Friday!

We can all dedicate a small amount of our time during the day to bringing in a few crappie. We can either BBQ them ourselves or - better yet - the people in the kitchen will be happy to cook them for us and provide all the side dishes!

We'll also have a semi-official Crappie Tournament!

No real rules.....

Just all come in about 5:00 pm.....

And a prize for the largest crappie!

P.S. All weigh-ins will be conducted in front of the "Lake Cam" on the dock..... That way, those who are unable to attend the rally will be able to go to the Moors website and watch what is going on!

OK with a boat named the Pro Crappie I MIGHT have a chance on Friday!!! LOL

Teri - I'll happily show you how to clean them, not a problem.

Someone WILL have to teach me how to CATCH crappie though, i've only caught them on accident before :)

Well, Michael..... Maybe you, Teri, her partner and I should team up on Friday.....

(That way we can be assured that our boat will claim the prize for the Smallest Catch!)

Now don't be grouping me in with "the littles". I plan on showing you guys how to fish. :)

Teri,

You need to show Scott and Trep how to catch some real fish!! I don't want to see any rally pics of you and them holding your minnows!!

Bob G.

Aint no body holding my minnows but me (not me!).

Ok, I have to ask, sorry but I am just curious....Am I going to meet Staci or Scott?

I think he only changed his clothes, not his name!

Bob G.

I realize he is the same person either way but I just wanted to know if he will look more feminine than me.

LOL@Teri!

Hoping to answer questions.....

I am Staci.

The proper pronoun is "she".

On my Drivers License, Health Insurance, etc, I am recognized as female.

She is the person you will meet!

If you have questions, please, do not be afraid to ask - either here, in an e-mail or in person.

I have spoken on a number of ocassions at schools in the St. Louis area on what it is like to be a transgendered person. I try to answer any and all questions as fully and honestly as possible. There are very few of us around so there are a lot of misconceptions. I hope that, through my openness, people will come to realize that we are really no different from anyone else.....

me!

Me-

I have often thought about the question you posted

Why don't females compete on the same fishing circuit as the men do? If it's from a sponser standpoint,i think the sponsers are missing the boat.It seems the first female to win a tourney would get some very good press.

Steve

Steve -

Penny Berryman was kind enough to post her thoughts.....

"Ok, Ok. Let's get some things right. There are many women who have (and still do) fish in predominately men's trails. I did for many years, and it was just fine. I never really felt any animosity towards me because I was female. I figured if you handle yourself like a professional, you'll be treated as one. Whether you go to learn a new lake and prefish with a man that comes recommended by sponsors or a friend, or draw one as a partner in competition, most folks are just pleased to share a boat with someone who is serious about their fishing. As to the reasons that a great deal of women elect not to fish the men's pro trails, well, they are as varied as the personalities that view this site.

For many years women were excluded from the top men's trail (BASS), but that changed awhile back. Although the circuit was 'forced' to accept women anglers, enough time has passed now that the tensions have eased over that decision Lady anglers are now welcomed to join. At the time, many may have been concerned that women would somehow change their circuit. Perhaps they thought that they would be over-ridden with scantily dressed gals who would need certain 'concessions' because they were women. Some mistakenly felt that they would fill up all the extra spots, making it harder for their good buddy to get a birth into the circuit. Others thought that they might steal some of the media attention away from their efforts. What they didn't seem to realize was that there had always been a professional women's trail. For over 22 years, Bass N'Gals was the primary circuit for women. Also, their was the Lady Bass Tournament Trail. In the last four years, W.B.F.A Tour, has taken over and givben the women a new direction. It is a pro-am format and has set some very high goals for success for women. Many women that I have talked to who are just starting in compeition have said that they feel less intimated, by fishing with other women. They also feel very welcomed and treated with a great deal of respect, so many of them elect to stay 'on the women's side'. The competition is just as tough, the days are just as long, and mother nature plays just as many tricks during a women's event as she does with the men's events. Most of the time, the husbands/boyfriends attend the competion with them, and yes, they can practice together. In case you're wondering what the fellas do on competition days, well, let's just say that they are all members of the 'bank club'....they stay on the bank, off of the competition waters. Many times, they borrow a boat and go to a neighboring lake to fish, some play a little golf, some sleep, some probably play cards....but one thing is for certain...they nervously walk the bank at weigh-in time, waiting for 'their gir'l to make it in. (I guess you'd call it 'role reversal'!) There are also team tournaments that a woman can enter, husband and wife tournaments, and really, just about anything she sets her mind to. Someone on the board mentioned that they tried to join a local men's club and they didn't want her in....someone else suggested that they were afraid that she might beat them......well, I guess that just goes to show that the fellas raz each other over such things. Maybe that just can't be helped as it's just one of the ways our society has separated men from women. Luckily, fishing is one of those wonderful, slightly intangible things that shows no preference to gender. I guess I was just lucky. When I was growing up, my dad took all of my sisters and I fishing every weekend....I grew up thinking it was the most fun, adventurous things for a family to do! I didn't know until much later in life that it was considered more of a guy-thing than a girl-thing to do . I thank my dad and mom for that! It's about the most equal sport I can think of. Even a small child can be equal to an adult on any given day....after all, there is no guarant

Hey Staci... I think Teri is getting a little "Teri-torial"... I don't know... you may have gone over to the "dark side".... The older I get... I don't think "Venus and Mars" is desriptive enough... Either way... I still like you both... I get to pick my friends...

Thank you, Greg, my Friend!

Now, get your filet knife out!

We need your help with the cleanin'!

As long as we call them "cropy" and not "Crappy" I'll clean'em and fry um!!! I do NOT like Crappy Fish! :)

Teri-torial?? How so?? The more gals the more fun if you ask me.

Oh come on... even a bad pun is a good laugh...

It's all good. I won't get Teri-torial as long as there is no hair pulling when I catch the biggest bass.

This place is gettin' to be like the WWF!

Guess she told you, Meyer!

LOL!!

(Maybe we can get SPIKE, TNT or LIFE to televise the pre-departure and weigh-in!)

I am close to picking up the phone and making a reservation but I can't decide if I am going to get a cabin and bring my dogs or a lodge room and leave the dogs at home. I assume the lodge has a place to grab some decent meals. Cooking is not on my agenda. Also, do most people rent the covered slips and leave their boats in the water. If not, how do they charge the battery? Carry it to the room?

VERY decent meals!

(With a little luck, Amanda may even serve them!)

I think we all rented slips last year. There are electrical hook-ups at every slip to plug in your battery charger.

Call Shirley at 800-626-5472! NOW!

me! I left Shirley a voice mail 2 weeks ago, have to follow up, no response yet. Figure they were/are on holiday vacation.

I just got an e-mail from her today, Michael.

Try her again.

Your voice message may have gotten lost in the holidays.

Do it ASAP.....

About 1/3 of our rooms and cottages are already spoken for!

Are they spoken for by our members or others?

Those are our members.

Shirley is holding 30 rooms and 4 cabins for us.

However, at some time, they may be taken for other guests if we don't have actual reservations made.....

Latest posts

Back