A Day Out With Scott

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
A while ago, I arranged to meet Scott and his new boat on Sunday (9/1) on Mark Twain Lake (Perry/Monroe City, Missouri). We decided to give the fish a fighting chance and we'd meet for breakfast, first. Well, the only place open and inhabited was the Junction Restaurant at 7:00am so we dogged it on the time... Great opportunity to put a "person" to the "personality" we all get to meet here...And, everything I expected (and even a little less...couldn't resist that shot!).

We drove down to the launch, Robert Allen Public Use area...I got assigned driver/launch duties and Scott handled the rest....sort of.... After launching I drove the sixteen miles up and over to the parking lot...a bit of a hike back to the boat.... Scott was still resting...feet up on the console...waiting for me.... Seems it (the big black thing on the back of the boat) wouldn't start...battery sounded low... I asked about Jumper Cables; "Yup, got a set in the jeep", he says. Well the jeep is a ten minute walk...which Scott volunteered to make... I volunteered to clean the battery contacts and try to start the big black thing.... I cleaned the battery contacts, as promised, try the Mo-Tor... No Vrooom-vroom...

It was then that I noticed two things...(1) far off in the distance a now familiar fac is trudging down the 300yd 30 degree slope that the US Army Corps of Engineers laughingly calls a launch ramp...was a converted ski jump ramp in its former life I am sure...carrying jumper cables... (2) I spy a little red coiled plastic lanyard laying in the cup holder...not attached to anything...at either end....

I insert the solid end of the little red lanyard under the little red switch and position in the "run" position...turn the key and the big black thing goes "VROOOMM-VROOOOM"...belcing the required blue smoke and everything....

Scott asks; "how did you do that?"

I try to eliminate the potential embarassment; "It's real technical..." I tell him...."won't happen again, don't worry about". He insists I tell him what I did....So I do..."hook up the kill switch lanyard and it should start".... Oh well... The rest of the story with fish pictures will follow after his feeble attempts to minimize his embarassment have subsided...LOL

Latest posts

Back