2000 700lx Dash Panel Switches Dead, But Gauges Working?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexBass

Reaction score
Stored my boat last summer and just got it out last week.
Plugged in the on board charger.
Trolling and dedicated electronics battery still had enough power to have gone right out for a few hours or more.
Starter battery was 0%.
Bank 1 is the starter and it showed a connection error.
Put an external charger on the starter battery and did a quick charge so I could get it in the water and over to my pier.
Cranked after the normal not been started in a year 5 or 6 tries, drove around to my pier and tied up. When I went to crank it again an hour later it died on the 3rd crank.
Back tracked from the on board charger to the batteries to see if there was something loose etc.
Realized when I stored it last, I had removed the batteries to clean the bilge area, and when I put them back in, I had goofed and put both + and - lines of the on board charger on the + post of the starter battery when I tightened everything back down. Not sure what the heck I did that for.

Fixed that issue, on board then charged as it should, and battery held it's charge.

BUT...here's the problem.

Everything runs great EXCEPT all panel toggle switches (bilge, lights, horn, live well) are dead as a doornail. All the gauges are working on the dash panel, but not the toggle switches.

I wedged my big head under the dash and spent quite a while looking for anything out of place, checked fuses more than once unless there is one I am missing. No wires look to be burnt or anything. There is a red fuse box about the size of film canister or small pill bottle. Not sure what that is, if it is a dedicated fuse to something or a group of things?

I guess my question is does anyone think crossing the +/- for the battery charger could have shorted the toggle switches on the dash panel, and if not, any ideas why just the toggles aren't working?

Don't really want to run anywhere with no bilge, and can't even troll too late without lights. Any ideas, fellas?

Search this site for tracker wiring. I have posted the link to the wiring color code.

Latest posts

Back