2018 Tracker Pro Guide V 16 WT

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishin1.0

Reaction score
Purchased my rig in January 2019. We wanted a PGV 175, but the door to our boat garage is only 102" wide. A friend who has a PGV 175 has serious issues trying to get his thru the 102 wide door on his garage, I did not want the hassle, so we got PGV 16, which gives us approx 6" on each side. With new homes being built with 20X20 garages this is a perfect boat. We are very happy with the boat, it has the 75hp Merc and a 15P prop. Full of fuel,all the gear and 2 men this boat will run at WOT 35 MPH. GPS indicated. With 4 adults, full fuel, it will do 33 MPH WOT. After purchase the 1st thing to go was to replace the front seats with upgraded highback and leg supporting seats. 2nd thing was to replace the Lowrance 3X sonar unit with a Lowrance Hook2 7 Split Shot on a Johnny Ray swivel mount, added a Hook2 5 Split Shoot that I can move around the boat. Added 4 woodlander brackets for the track system, with Cabelas rod holders. Replaced the stock trailer tires which were load range C, with load range D tires. Added the Minnkota Co Pilot to the trolling motor, which is only a 42lb thrust, motor is ok, not great,not bad, will up grade to a 55lb in a future. Will be adding a Hook2 7X to the bow and to the trolling motor. Charging the trolling motor battery is a PITA due it's location, maintenance to it is a hassle, will be replacing with a AGM , same with the starting battery. We have had the boat on Various BIG water lakes with rolling white caps with no issue. Will be towing it from FL to Sturgeon Bay Wi next July to fish for a week. (Next Post will be of Pictures)

Continued....Future project will install a on board charger for the trolling and starting batteries. We purchased a DOWCO cover custom made for the boat. We also have a 2007 Mercury 5HP long shaft outboard we use from time to time. We pull the boat with a 2020 F 150 SuperCrew 2.7 or our 2014 Dodge Durango 3.6.
DSCN2538.JPGDSCN2454.JPGDSCN2450.JPGDSCN2530.JPGDSCN2537.JPGDSCN2536.JPG

Latest posts

Back