3rd Annual Lake Anna Hot Side Kickoff

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Time to start thinking about it!!

KB and I were talking yesterday about getting the 3rd annual Lake Anna Hotside Kickoff scheduled before it gets too much colder. With Bills gracious accomodations, we have a private launch with gazeebo, docks, grill and best of all THE HOT SIDE!! It gets more fun every year. Just bring something for a BBQ, Bill makes some TOXIC beans and everybody just brings meat to grill and a side dish. We fish till we get hungry then go pig out. With the temprature dropping we thought we better start the wheels turning so that we can get as many as possible this year. If somebody wants to make a long distance trip and use my house as an overnighter that's fine with me. I'm sure Carlos will offer the same if he can come. No excuses now!!

Who's in?.........

TOXIC

Pick a date, I will pick up Uncle Billy and we will make a day of it.........

BF

To keep the ball rolling how about the first Sat in Dec? I think it's the 3rd?

BF

The 3rd of December is probably a good date to look at. It's after Thanksgiving and you should have unloaded all your turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, etc so you don't have an excuse of being too full. It is a little early for Christmas so you can't use the excuse of office party or you have to go shopping for that perfect gift for the wife (significant other) so I am in for the 3rd.

Let's chime in. KB, you can come but you have to bring a purple pass.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You guys know I'm day to day but I'm in for that date if I feel AT ALL ok, and Bruce is serious about driving. I have to go to Nancy's office party on the 10th.

Uncle Billy

Bill, I don't have a purple pass... But i understand you can buy one for the right price... Any ideas!!!

KB - I know somebody who has three left (out of four) and they are going to the highest bidder. What can I put you in for?????

Im in,

Unless its pooring rain.

Ill be by my lonesome. no little ones to worry about this trip.

Mark

Bill I will bring the Champion down (and Uncle Billy) So I guess I will have to see if I can out bid KB............:unsure:

BF

Bruce - Don't think you have to outbid KB. He screwed up so he gets last dibs! LOL

Hopefully we can get CIII to pipe in but he may be TAD somewhere exotic like Secaucus New Jersey.

Glad to see it is coming together. Think we will have the BBQ at the house to make it a little more comfortable and I won't have to haul the grill to the pavilion. Looking forward to it!

Any special request for the menu? Uncle Billy rest up we are headed south soon..:D

BF

Bruce - I will provide the TOXIC-style baked beans, condiments, plates, bowls, plastic tableware, napkins, ice and cups. Everything else is up for grabs so if you have a specialty that you would like to bring then pipe up.

This is a fishin' AND food fest! Antacids provided!!!!! LOL:eek::unsure::blink:

Well there is a Buffalo farm over the hill, good for Chili or Burgers and I order well from KFC..:lol:

BF

Isn't the hot side hot enough without that darn Toxic chili?:rolleyes: I'm starting to get really stoked over this and it's all thanks to Bruce!!!! Someone let us know what we need to bring.

I've got a place right up the street from me that has good Barbeque and GREAT cole slaw.

Ok, Ok, good barbeque for around here.:) I figured someone would say something.:wacko:

Yippeeeeee, Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy I did not offer "Toxic Chili" butt (pun intended)I have a buddy that makes the bottle rocket video look tame......... If thats what yall want.

BF

I thought about trying to make this but after checking mapquest I realized I am not quite up to a 1200 mile round trip. Hopefully I can make the next because it sounds like fun.

What should i bring, how about drinks? what do we want a combo of beer and soda?

mike

Bill H. I talked with "C" last night, he's in Hampton this week...

Do i have to stand in the corner with a funny looking hat on??

and a sign on my back..."Kick Me.. I lost the PASS" LOL

Mike, I don't think any of us will be drinking anything harder then soda's while fishing,if you want 'em, bring 'em.

KB

Uncle Billy - I will make some non-toxic beans for those who can't handle the real spicy stuff.

KB - No, you have to stand in the corner of your boat with the pointy hat on. LOL

Diet Pepsi's for me. Don't do the harder stuff but if you want it, bring it.

KB - Did "C" say he could make it??????

JDJ - What's 1200 miles or so when you can have a great time! If you can't make it this year then plan on it for next year. We will give a little more notice.

How is the 3rd looking for everyone?

The 3rd sounds good to me, Let me know what you need me to bring.

Thanks ahead of time to our host Bill.

Mark

Bill, it's not the milage normally. I used to not think nothing about jumping on my bike for a 1400 mile trip over a three day weekend and have driven OTR trucks non stop from Miami To L.A. but since I've been on this chemo I don't feel like driving the 35 miles to Nashville for work or treatments. Hopefully next year I will be up to it.

jdj

Keep Toxic AWAY from your lawn furniture if he's into those beans!!!!!

Winneconne 2005 004.jpg

JDJ - We are holding a spot for you for next year. Get yourself well first and then take that road trip. You have a spot in my boat for next year.

Jaws - Let's see what people chime in with. We probably need soda's, hot dogs, hamburgers, rolls for both, BBQ (Uncle Billy), cole salw, probably Sue's Onion Pie, etc. Nothing fancy, just filling (and gaseous)

TJ - That can't be a Toxic chair. He would have blown the ENTIRE bottom out of it. That might have been one of his "silent but deadly" ones. :eek:

Hey all!

Bill - thought this was usually done the day after T-day? I'd be interested, although I may have a complication with the proposed date. Keep me in as a probable. I'll also bring my rig if you guys promise not to run circles around me (boating OR fishing!). I'll also come up with some appropriate menu item once I can commit. The wife makes a pretty mean white-bean chili.

JC

Hey guys, how about fishing licenses? I've got Maryland and Delaware but that ain't gonna do it.:) All these licenses and haven't been fishing yet.

Is there a place close by where I can get one or should I get one on-line? I think they're $12.00 on-line and $10.00 at a store.

Uncle Billy

PS; Bill in VA, I'll bring the Cole Slaw along with the BBQ..

Uncle Billy - Think the 5 day license is $6.00 but will check on it for you.

BBQ and slaw is good!

Uncle Billy - Law changed this year. It is now $10 for the 5 consecutive days and $30 for the entire season. You can apply online and don't have to stop at any store to get on. Your call!

Bill, I can do that... My KeelShield jacket, with the hood up looks like the Roaming Knome on Travelocity!!!!

KB - That will do! LOL

Just to let you know I bought two (2) Pflueger President spinning reels and they are very nice. Do I get something for buying from your sponsor??????????:D

You mean they did not send you a thank you note... I'm shocked I'll see what i can dig up!!!!

Man-o-man, I spend a day on the water with a client and you dudes go crazy.........I'm in with boat as far as I knw and my place is open for a overnighter if Barham or anyone else needs/wants to stop. I thought of you Mr. Hamilton when I was out in 3 footers trying to fish Valentine's Cove!! Reminded me of one of our outings. My client lives on the lake and I dropped your name, he knows you.

TOXIC

Yup - No note! Not even a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Gonna go out tomorrow and drown some Senko's and try them out. Will let you know how they work.

I can grab the rolls if you like, (hamburger, hotdog) and more soda's if needed. I can stop on my way home that Friday once we get a total or expected count?

BF.

P.S Arron you and Nick want to join in?????????

Bill, You should like them alot, Very smooth reels... I may have something for you to pair one up with if your interested!!

I gotta do something to gain your graces again!!!! LOL

Too late Kb I am sucking up now for the last pass.............:p

BF

P.S Should we invite Kilby and his Bullett or is he on the Potomac that weekend?

If you can get in touch with Dave... See if he's interested!!!

One more can't hurt!!!

is there going to be enough places to park at bills place, or the ramp near his place or should i try to make arangements to provide my own access to the lake.

where is bills place on the lake, not specific but the general area?

mike

Bruce, I've been kicking this around but I'm not sure my bucket of bolts is up to a 300 mile round trip. I will mull it over.

Uncle Billy - still trying to get myself clear to attend, but if I do, you're more than welcome to the back of my boat. Only provision is that if you catch more fish than me, you have to show me how! :lol:

JC

Bill, I'm wide open right now!!!! First come firrst serve!! Jim beat me to it!!!

KB

Uncle Billy - I won't be offended at all if you want to ride with Kenny. Afterall, my little rig only has a top speed of 25mph. Slow - but we get we're where going. I will warn you that if you ride with Kenny, it will be a lot faster. When he took me out while still "breaking in the engine" earlier this summer, we went fast enough that my cheeks were flappin' in the wind! Man what a ride!! With Kenny's skill, I never felt nervous, but I did have to hang on to my face! :D :D

JC

Aaron - My backseat is ALSO open so don't worry about haulin' your rig. Just "come on down".

Mike C - Not to worry about parking. We have room for plenty, even if KB did lose one of my passes. I will put in a good word with the HOA (I'm VP) so we don't have any problem. I am at Both Waters Estates on the Louisa side of the lake. It is the ONLY location that has ramp access to both the hot side and cold side of the lake (hence the name)

Looks like things are coming together. As Uncle Billy would say "Yiiiiiiiippppppppeeeeeeee"

Thanks guys but I'm riding with Bruce in that beautiful Champion:)....I was asking in case Aaron wanted to come.

Uncle Billy

Good I didn't really want to ride with ya anyway... LOL

Kb

Just Kidding!!!!!

Uncle Billy - Don't worry about KB. He lost the pass so he may have to watch us all from the bridge.

Think we got plenty of back seats so if anyone doesn't want to haul a rig just pipe in. We can accommodate ya'll. (That's a Southern word - ya'll)

Hey Arron, I also have extra space in the truck if you don't want to drive. heck I got to go right through Hooterville to get there anyway...................lol

BF

Hey Bill - if there's room on your boat, I'd like to save hauling my rig down from Arlington. Looks like I'll be able to make at least part of the day. Need to get back by dinnertime, but otherwise consider me in!

Here's one for ya'... I'll bet i can out fish some of ya from the bridge!!!!!

Shot myself in the foot with that one!!!!

I can yell at ya from across the dike if i have to!!!!

KB

I may be down with the family - email me the address to the house and where to find it on the water side.

thanks,

david.....

If anyone passes through Michigan, stop and pick me up!!! :lol::D:lol:

Id offer up my back seat but Im bringing my 17 year old along. We need to spend some quality time.

Jaws

Hey ya all,

back from San Antonio Texas and Hampton. Sorry I have not been on much....I will be TAD on the 29th to Barstow CA for the hot Side kickpff. i am super bummed that I will miss the fun with you guys.....

Ken stop by and pick up the MoNkEy BoAt and run it for the get together!!!!! I will also have your 5 gallon bucket of lead if you frosty Northern guys want it!!!!!

Carlos

Gosh darn it!!! I'm finally getting out, in cold weather none-the-less, to freeze my butt off, and you can't make it Carlos? Ok,where's my sniper rifle and f.o. I guess I can get dropped into Barstow and then....

I won't even get to see the Monkey boat. Well, hell's bells...

Nah, I know you'd love to be there Carlos. We'll meet someday my friend. If you get a report

of me crying like a little girl because it's cold, don't believe them..:eek:

Uncle Billy

Bill,

Sorry I am goign to miss you guys. looks to be a good time as usual!!!! Hope that we do meet this summer, s I do nto think we will be ont eh Potomac too much the remainder of the year!

You gusy have fun and post some pictures!!!

Carlos

I remember the last time I brought the Hamburger rolls. I hope the crow is still nor hangin around.

Sorry about that:wacko:

Latest posts

Back