Visit to the Hot Side

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
Well, just got a note from CIII (Carlos Hathcock the III) for those that don't know him. Seems like he and Toxic (Scott Hammer) are coming to Lake Anna on Monday to scare the bejeebee's out of the boiled bass on the hot side of the Lake. Water temp is 90.1F. and they are biting. I am sure we will get a report from these two. They have quite a bit of experience there and will update us on the Senko and drop shot techniques that work for them. Have a good time guys and leave a few for us locals. Fortunately we get to fish year 'round, if we haven't fully winterized.

Bill

Hope Martie and you are doing well. Looking forward to visiting again this winter. Have a few more Potomac tournaments this fall and then I'll be free to travel.

Steve

Steve - You know that you are welcome anytime! If only my left hand would come back after the stroke I'd be with you. Last time out was with my granddaughter (6) and her Daddy during a Kid's Fishing Tx in May on Anna. She took 2nd place. Alot like her Granddad I guess.

Looking forward to it William!! We are watching the weather. My old spots on the cold side produced let's hope for the same on the hot side. I can't wait to see some of them with CIII's side scan!! Thanks to your hospitality I have spent a lot of what would normally be down time FISHING!! I also have never winterized a boat!! I've got a lot of stories from my hotside trips. Even a few nightmares (like the ice covered road trip).

Tox Got to winterize. Its a 270HP inboard with on-board wash down. I will wait as long as I can, but don't want to jeopardize cracking the block!

Tox Got to winterize. Its a 270HP inboard with on-board wash down. I will wait as long as I can, but don't want to jeopardize cracking the block!

Bill - good to see you on the board. Hope you are better. Don't worry about winterizing your rig; sounds like we need to take a trip out in the G3 with me. I brought it back down and its up on the lift whenever you're available to get together.

Any chance anyone is going Saturday and needs a back seater?

Ken

Not going Saturday, but I'll let you know when I'm heading down during the winter. I live in Woodbridge as well.

Steve

Ken - ditto on Steve. Not heading down this weekend, but looking at a couple of weeks from now. Will keep you posted.

Jim

Guess I'll hit the cold side, see if I can trick a few into bitin' !

Latest posts

Back