OPEN INVITATION - Not So Memorial Invitational

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
This is an open invitation to all those who would like to join the crazies for the fourth or fifth (can't remember) annual Not So Memorial Invitational on the hot side of Lake Anna. It is currently scheduled for Saturday, November 29th.

Meet at the house not later than 0700 and down to the launch ramp. Food and festivities will follow. Will send out email messages to those who let me know they are attending so we can determine what needs to be provided (food stuffs). Toxic already told me that I had to make the "Toxic Baked Beans". I will also supply the paper products, utensils and condiments.

A little different this year as we will each "donate" $5.00 to the pot for a split take on big fish and big bag (min 12 inches and 5 LM Bass). There may even be a travelling trophy for the winner.

Email me if you would like to attend. For those first timers let me know and I will email directions to my house.

Thanks!

Bill in VA

Bill - I'm in. Can't make post fishing festivities since the family will be down too, but I assume the weigh-in/measuring will be at the pull out point in any event?

Jim C. - Weigh in at the launch ramp at the end of the day and forgot to mention that NO dead fish. If dead you LOSE the TOTAL weight of that fish! We will release ALL the fish after weigh-in.

count me in, i will bring my clubs scales so the weights are legit.

and i will bring the drinks. this is a team total, not per person, cause i always wind up fishing by myself.

mike c

p.s. i will see if i can get a trphy made,

how about

5th annual bill not so memorial hamilton tounament winner.

I think, that's THINK mind you that this is the FOURTH annual Not So Memorial Invitational? I was at the first. Then I missed the second because I was a crybaby and P.O.'d, and then I was there last year so I'm pretty sure I'm right about this...

As usual, I'm good for some BBQ and some Cole Slaw so someone else grab some rolls, ok?

Then, because that darn Jim C. won't be coming for the post Invitational festivities, everyone don't forget that no matter where you stop on the way to Anna, remember to write on whatever you can about that huge FREE RAVE party at Jim's address the night of the Invitational, with all of the free beer and hallucingenics you want! Oh, wait a minute..I forgot I'm riding with him that day on the water. So if when he gets back in and I'm not with him don't believe for a second that story about how he dropped me off at his house or anything like that, OK????

Uncle Billy <--heading now to e-mail Jim C. to let him know it was just a big joke.-->

Probably best to not put ____ Annual. That way it can be a traveling trophy and can go to the winner every year.

Lemme know what to bring.....Howabout I get my wife to do another desert? I don't think anybody really liked those caramel fudge brownies last year did they?;)

TOXIC

Im in,:D:):D:lol::p

I think Bill from MD is in as well. Great idea to have a small bet going on. A bit of competition is always good. Let me know what to bring on the 29th.

Thanks again Bill,

See you all there.

Mark

are we going to bring 5 each to the scales or just the biggest baddest fish you catch.

Mike C - Five (5) to the scales! Half the pot goes to big fish and the other half goes to largest bag of 5 (subject to being alive). We will be checking for live stringers and cages that Hammer has put out during his "pre-fish" days. LOL

are senkos banned? i think we should not allow senko's or live bait.;)

Bill-

Count me in, let me know what needs to be brought.

I am 99.9% Sure I am in. I will bring my boat and Uncle Billy (who can't count) He missed the first one or was not invited (not sure which) The Traveling trophy is A great idea. But I would like to rename it to "The Mr Hamilton Lake Anna Hot Side Invitational" .

This way we will not have to rename the trophy any time soon... LOL

BF

P.S I like the no Senko rule.

I'll be there and should have a back seater with me. Let me know what I can bring.

Steve

Bill is this always on the tukey day weekend? Becuz of the drive from pa here, I won't be able to make, and dangit i wanted to this year for sure, but with all the family stuff that weekend, I won't be able to:(

Mike, you may just have to pick a weekend and come on your own. You can post up when and usually some of us can make it and don't need a lot of prodding!!

NO SENKOS??????

You gotta be nuckin futz:lol::lol::lol: Well, then I guess I better stock up on Wave Worms, Case Magic Sticks, Sticko's, Yum Dingers or any one of the thousands of knockoffs!!:lol:

TOXIC

Yeah TOX I know but the memorial(not so)seems to get alot of people it would be nice to meet you guys, heck when I come donw in Spring I have only gotten to meet JIMC, and thats was too late as well since I didn't even have time to drink a beer with him. I'll be ther for a week on the hotside in beginning of MAy again, so hopefully you guys will be around.;)

Mike - give a shout for when you'll be down in May (since you can't make the NSM). We'll have that beer AND get some fishing in together!

I'm game if a back seat is open. I'm not the best fisherman in the world but I'll at least keep the boredom to a minimum.

I don't remember missing the first one????? That's why I said "I THINK"..Ahem..

Why does anyone want to change the name of this get together? Doesn't anyone believe in tradition? I think Bill in VA named it what it is didn't he?

One more thought..NO SENKOS?? Just what kind of communist plot is that???

Uncle Billy

Hmmmmm.....we've got some details to work out. I say it's 5 fish per boat. Much less chance of dead fishies and a reduced weigh in time. Pot gets split between wining boat angler(s) and traveling trophy goes to boat captian. Big fish goes to the one who caught it. How's that?

Oh and one more thing.....ya can't use any bait other than a SENKO!!:lol::lol: Let's see, you can fish it weightless, on a jig, on a football head, as a spinnerbait trailer, drop shot it and as a buzzbait trailer. What else do you need???:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Oh, and by the way there should be some open backseats so bring your "A" game and c'mon down Dreaminbig!! Likewise, anybody traveling in from up North, my house is big and is a great stopping point about an hour from Bills. The "Hammer Hilton" is open for business!!:D

See what happens when a jack pot with prizes in intorduced into the mix !

What if the back seater catches all the big fish, He doesnt get the Trophy?

Dont get me wrong, I'll throw in my $5 or whatever it is, but if you guys let me win it, Im giving it all to Martie !

I was just going to ask the same thing Ken did.. It can get really convuluted! Suppose the heaviest bag is from the back seater and he catches three, four or even five of the limit? The boat Captain still gets the traveling trophy? Plus, as with Ken, I'm ready to add to the pot no matter what, it was just something I thought about.

Oh and one more thing.....ya can't use any bait other than a SENKO!!

Ok, that's alright with me!! Only Senko's allowed:p:cool: See what a monster you've created Toxic??

Uncle Billy

I was just parroting what 99% of the tournaments out there do. When in a "Team" format the boat is the entry, not the individual anglers. You can bet if my backseater caught all the fish they would get the trophy but there's no way of knowing unless yer in the boat, that's why I said the boat capitan...just makes it easier. Big fish is big fish, only 1 guy can catch that anyways...As always, the devils in the details.:lol: We can do it anyway we want!! Majority rules. I just wanna fish!!.......and EAT.......in that order.

TOXIC

BTW, CIII has informed me he will be there this year. Since he missed the last 3, I told him he has to put a 10 spot in the pot!!:lol: I have a call in to the disappearing Kenny Brown...we'll see with him. I talked to him about 3 weeks ago.

just make it a stationary trophy, it stays at the lake ie bills-its most likly going to be his name on the thing, and we can just add names to the thing year after year. that way it only cost a few bucks every year to add the 2 names .

carlos is comming. i will belive it when i see it. if im there he will show up late and leave early.

mike c

Mike C, you too funny man!! I will be there early thats for sure, but also stay for the fun!!!!

Sorry I have not been on much latley..lots going on at home....

Latest posts

Back