290 boat owners manual

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Haptonstall

Reaction score
Hell0 - I am buying a 2009 290 from a local dealer, but the owners manual is not included with the boat. Does anyone have access to an electronic (pdf) copy, or a way to get a copy of the manual? Tks - Ken

Those boat manuals are actually quite useless, I'd say 99.9% of people throw them away in disgust to be shredded/burned or turned into compost. Really, they are that bad, its just generic junk. Now the maintenance manual that comes with motor is MUCH more useful.

Welcome to the forums. My suggestion would be to get a service manual for your motor from say like European Marine (Don Weed) http://www.europeanmarine.org/

Those boat manuals are actually quite useless, I'd say 99.9% of people throw them away in disgust to be shredded/burned or turned into compost. Really, they are that bad, its just generic junk. Now the maintenance manual that comes with motor is MUCH more useful.

Welcome to the forums. My suggestion would be to get a service manual for your motor from say like European Marine (Don Weed) http://www.europeanmarine.org/
Thanks for the info. Boat just has some things that I am curious about. Like, you actually put the plug in from the inside?

Again - I appreciate the information and the opportunity to take part in the forum. - Ken

should be a garland plug that screws in from the outside, but can't remember. I couldn't reach my drain plug in my Nitro. Look at your plug from outside the boat, does it look like this? If so use the associated garland plug

21910_0.jpg

But if its smooth (no threads visible) then use this. and yes it would be inserted from the inside. My current Tracker Pro uses the above setup. I sold the Nitro, there was just no way I could physically get to my drain (disabled) from inside.

448.jpg

Thanks for the information. I don't actually take possession of the boat for another week. I was just looking at the plug in the bay at the store and couldn't see from the outside where it would be installed. The sales guy said it installs from inside, but really didn't know how.

You suggested changing my name? Are folks using pseudo names in the forum? Also, just curious, but what did you do in the AF? I have a few friends in the service and I am always honored to work with and support our military!

Yep, Air Force Security Police K9 from 68 to 77, before that 2 yrs Army National Guard, after the Air Force I was law enforcement - retired from Narcotics K9 - Detective in 94, even once was Asst. Police Chief in a small town in MS. I did patrol dog in the Air Force but I had worked as a Kennel Master in the AF so was responsible for bomb & narcotic training/procurement so naturally progressed to training narcotic dogs once I got in LE. 2 Tours in Vietnam - so finally got 100% disability from exposure to Agent Orange (13 heart surgeries, stroke) and just recently diagnosed with possible cancer in the neck, so more testing yet to come for that (VA is SLOW) you got to prod them, I started when I felt a lot of pressure on my neck, now its progressed to a LOT of jaw pain, but I have pain everyday anyways (Chest) so nothing new - something always hurting :rolleyes::(:D That's life.

Well - Thank you for all of your service. My friend Spencer, current Colonel and former U2 pilot - his dad flew CH-53 - rescue work in Vietnam, plus a lot of other stuff. He died about 15 years ago testing a friends ultralight. Real Shame!!

I was down at Maxwell AFB last spring for a deal with Spencer and had the opportunity to see some of the dogs getting trained. Very interesting and demanding work.

Thanks for all the help and good luck.

Ken

Latest posts

Back