Livewell, horn,and bilge not running

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slobhunter

Reaction score
2020 pro 175 75 hp Merc Found a blown 5 Amp fuse between the nav and acc on the fuse block. Replaced and still have no livewell, horn, or bilge pump. Is there an inline fuse or breaker ? Does anyone have a full boat wiring diagram? I cannot locate anything online or in the owners manuals.

I basically completely rewired my 2002 Nitro 288 Sport this past winter. A maddening process but everything is working now. I used this guide and it was generally accurate. Good luck with your issue.
1690310195240.png

2020 pro 175 75 hp Merc Found a blown 5 Amp fuse between the nav and acc on the fuse block. Replaced and still have no livewell, horn, or bilge pump. Is there an inline fuse or breaker ? Does anyone have a full boat wiring diagram? I cannot locate anything online or in the owners manuals.
Are your switches touch panel, or are they flip separate switches?

Check your master power switch on console with multimeter, my bad switch had power in and zero out. Replace bad switch or bypass it totally, always use battery switch in batt compartment to shut off power drain when not using boat. One of the main causes of boat fires are shorted wires
Nitros do not use conduit to route wires through sharp cutouts in fiberglass.

Personally I don’t even think the people who built your boat have full boat wiring diagram. My fuse box had incorrect labels on the fuse box cover.
LOL---So did mine. "Something" is wired to the fuse block and labled "Radio", Great, fine, and dandy, problem is I don't have a radio in my boat!!!

Not one of my fuses were wired to what the label on the cover said they were even when I flipped it over because there were no fuses on one side the label said there was. One thing really bugged me was there was no power to anything in the fuse box because of the bad switch, but there was power to the bow MFD even though there was a fuse that designated "Bow MFD." That MFD was wired separately from everything else.

Latest posts

Back