2002 rally update question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
It turns out that to have a tourney or launch more than 20 boats at Point Au Roche requires a permit. However, a few miles up the road is my favorite launch site and now permit is required. It is the Chazy River state launch. It launches more tourneys so I thought it was out of the question, but my local Fed chapter Pres says it is the easiest place to use. Now, which weekend would be better for all. There are 5 weekends in June next year, would the 4th, (22nd & 23rd) or the 5th, (29th & 30th) be better? Season opens on the 2nd Sat, the 8th and the weekend of the 15th has the lakes biggest annual multi-species tourney. So these 2 weekends seem to be the best. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can firm up a date. I would like to avoid conflict with other tourney schedules for some of you state team folks and other tourney angles. Please keep in mind, we can please everyone, but will do the best to get as many folks there as possible.
Rob

I vote for the 29th & 30th. I have a tourney on the 22nd & 23rd next year. Plus if anyone needs a partner, I would prefer to be the rider instead of the boater. More relaxing!!LOL

Jon

Rob,

My vote is for the 4th if not earlier. Our season begin here on the last weekend of June and so does our tournament season.

Thanks,

Pierre

Ouch!!!....I know that Mini and I will probably have tournaments on both of thois weekends, but if they're just "Opens" than they're "missable".....but if we have A/C tournaments,....can't miss those!! Hope we can make it though!!
Regards,
Mac

Although I am not sure I will be there, I vote for the 29th & 30th.
I am going to try to make it up there, but just depends on my schedule around that time. If I do, I will be flying in and will need a partner. I will let you know as soon as I know for sure.

The earlier in the month the better! Remember 'Holiday' clashes also, like this past rally with Easter/spring break week. The 29th/30th is the beginning of the July 4 and Canada day week, a big family vacation week everywhere. Just a thought.

I agree with Mike. It would be the start of the holiday and most people spend them together with their families. I vote for the 4th weekend.
Barb

I'm a fly by the seat of pants kind of guy. I don't even know what I'm having for dinner (maybe the other half of my Striper?). Any weekend is fine with me, I currently don't have any plans for a year from now.....LOL

Marke

Oops! Sorry! I responded to the post above before I read this one......

I'd still prefer the weekend prior to June 15th...... But given a choice between the 4th and 5th - I'll go for the 4th.

me!

Rob,

I am ok with the 4th or 5th weekend in June. I have no tournaments on my schedule!! I just need advance notice so I can get the vacation time since I normally work on weekends.

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back