Rally launch site has moved

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Sorry folks but I wanted to do this fast to let everyone adjust. We have to move our launch site to the Pt Au Roche state launch as previously mentioned. I was at a going out of business tackle sale yesterday and ran into one of our local tourney presidents. He informed me that his club and at least 2 others are launching out of the Chazy River launch that Saturday at 6:00 am. We would have no where to park and it would be very congested pulling out. The Point Au Roche launch is actually closer to town by about 5-6 miles and very easy to find. It is also only about 5 minutes away from the many motels I listed. I will post detailed directions to the launch from I-87 this weekend after I measure the mileage from pt to pt. To be totally honest, it is better that we do not share the launch with some of these clubs as they have several unsavory characters in their ranks. They left me on the launch last year with no trim and no way to pull my boat out of the water without destroying my prop. Some guys from the Albany Bassmasters club stopped after their weigh-in to help me out. Many of them were laughing as they left. Not our kind of crowd. We will have an excellent opportunity to have a great showing for Nitros and Trackers though as many bassers will be around. Let's set a GOOD example to the local rec fisherman. I am sure that the launch we are using will have some kids with their dads there to witness our weigh-in. Again, I will post detailed directions soon. The launch is about 300 yards BEFORE the "Marine Village Cottages" which are at 82 Dickson Point Rd (518) 563-5698. A great place to stay period, now especially that we are launching so close.

Rob,

Dont you have to get a permit from the DNR to hold a tournament? We do here in Michigan only if we are using a DNR launch. This helps alleviate the "I was here first" routine....

Mini

If we exceed 25 boats. It appears so far that we will not. Not only that, but the other clubs don't register, so they'll be there anyway. Just easier to avoid them. There are a lot of bandits in 2 of the clubs that will be there. I have found cages of 3-4 lb bass on reefs with thousands of emerald shiners in with them. Hmmmmm? Plus if we get permits, it's $25 a boat. I have a problem with that. We pay for licenses, we pay taxes, we pay registration on our boats, and sales tax on our stinkin tackle and they want to charge us to use a launch that everyone else can use for free because we're having a rally? NO! So, it's just a friendly gathering, which is true! If we had 100 boats it would be different. As it stands we will only have 15-20 boats which is within the limit. Also, the Point Au Roche launch offers more shade for weigh in, and the water there is a little cooler for released fish. A short 2 mile run north will put folks with smaller boats into Monty's bay, which is bass heaven. It is also where Mike Iaconelli won the last B.A.S.S. event off of one of my patterns! LOL Wish I had been able to fish that one. For multi-species, pike and walleye are close by too. Plus tons of perch for any of you that want a fish fry.

Sounds like you have everything handled! Still wish I could make it....

Mini

I think you made the right move Rob I always thought that the Chazy ramp was going to be too crowded on Saturday Plus it's a shorter run to the Vermont side.

Are you guys staying at the Marine Village that week?

Once again...I wish I could be there...Rob you've dopne a great job!

Latest posts

Back