2003 tourney schedule

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Here is the tentative schedule of what I expect to fish. Anyone else care to post so we can possibly cooridinate some "get togethers" for these events. Of course all the Champlain tourneys in P'burgh, you are all welcome at the house, I'm sure a BBQ or 5 or 6 will happen!

June 28th & 29th....Foxwoods partner tourney in Ticonderoga on Champlain. Fishing with Buzz $400 entry per team

July 12th.....BFL in P'burgh on Champlain, $150 entry, so far Jim (bassinfool) Mike O, Jason G, Mark K, and a few others are fishing it. Sorry to whoever I left out, too many names to remember. I'm sure something will unfold at my place that weekend.

July 23rd thru 26th.....Everstart on Detroit river in Trenton MI, entry is $650, hoping to get with Mac, Mini and Neeley. Will prefish it once in June and hope to be there July 19th thru the 26th.

August 2nd, BFL on Cayuga, not definate yet, entry is $150

August 20th thru 23rd....Everstart on Erie in OH, entry is $650, no clue who is in that area. Hoping to prefish it at least one weekend in July (4th weekend) and likely be there the 16th thru the end of the tourney.

Sept 6th......BFL on 1000 islands, entry is $150, hope to see Jim and Mike O there, possibly Pierre????

Sept 24th-27th....my favorite the Everstart on Champlain here in P'burgh. Entry is $650

Not yet released are the LCI tourney on Champlain and the Northern Bass Supply tourneys that Buzz and I will fish should they not conflict with these above. I will fish the Champlain for both as long as time permits, Buzz WILL take vaca time to fish them with me! LOL, Winnie is still in the air as I won't have much time to prefish it, but depending on winnings we might come down for the heck of it as I hear it's their biggest of the year. Anyway, who's going to be where and when? And if I get real crazy, I might shoot down for a tourney in the Carolinas since I have family there. And of course at some point in the spring, I'm heading down for a weekend with Tox on the Potomac.

Man with the other 2-3 tourneys, that's $2600 in entries, then figure at least $750 per tourney for gas, tackle, lodging etc, that's another $6750, or $9350 total. Probably $10k before I'm done. Geeesh, I GOTTA win at least 1 tourney to pay my way! Anyone wanting to contribute to the Rob LaMoy tourney fund, please make checks payable to......LOL

Hey Rob...

Might get up to Detroit to "Cheer For Ya"... Im open that time frame unless something pops up...

But for fun...here's my tourney's 3/15&16 WAT Spring Valley, IL (walleye) 4/5&6 WAT Genoa, WI 4/12&13 Our Rally 5/3 BASS on Chain of Lakes in IL 5/8-10 Some Walleye Tourney in Hayward, WI 6/8 BASS Lake Michigan, Chicago, IL 6/21&22 WAT LaCrosse, WI 7/12-13 BASS Savanna, IL 8/10 BASS Lake Geneva, WI 9/13&14 BASS Gills Rock, WI 9/20&21 WAT Trempleau, WI 10/4&5 WAT Classic ?, WI 10/11-12 BASS Mark Twain Lake Mo... Then there's a week in July with the family in Hayward, WI... A few fun days on Lake Geneva... and as couple more fun trips to Chicago Lakef4ront for Smallies... Then if we qualify for the Cabela's Championship...who knows...

Phew almost forgot I gotta work a few days in there too...

I aint typing all that....lol rest assured I will be fishing in some sort of tournament every weekend from Memorial Day thru October. Have done so for the last 6 or 7 years and I wouldnt have it any other way....

Mini

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I will be fishing a partner tourney with Mini if it works out. Memorial day weekend? I can do that. If I don't have to tow and can just haul a$$ out there, I can do that! Then practice for the 'start afterwards. We're fishing the banks of the miracle mile in that one right? LOL

Banks of the "Miracle Mile"... Where's that... We've got the "Magnificent Mile" on the shore of Lake Michigan here in Chicago... Despite the miserable showing in the 2000 Classic we have afantastic smallmouth and Largemouth fishery here in Chicago on Lake Michigan and in the rivers... 18-20 lb limits are routine in club tourneys...

Rob, I just called Northern Bass Supply, they are only going to do 2 tournaments this year, both on Winnie, Mothers Day weekend and the last weekend in Sept.

Rob,

Were you able to alredy get a pot on the Foxwwods Tour? They used to have a date to when they let new teams sign up.

Previous years teams get first shot. In the past hasn't been too manu new openings. If you haen't signed up yet I'd give them a call so you get a spot.

Rob L

Will do thanks. I was on the phone with them this morning, looked good. Now as for NBS I was on the phone with them TOO and they didn't know WHAT they were doing. Buzz calls a few hours later and they have a schedule??? Guess we can rule them out! Must be dem boys r afraid to come back to Champlain and fish against Buzz and I again.
http://166.70.122.73/pages/NBStournaments/2002/Champlain/champlain.htm

Hey Buzz, we're famous! I always knew I'd be on the internet, just didn't think it would be quite like this. Beats what I thought it WOULD be! LOL
champlain17.jpg

Note to self, less money on fishing gear and more money directed toward hair implant.LOL

It makes you more aerodynamic while on plane! But look closely and you'll see that your head and my hat matched! LOL And you say you don't burn! HA!

"your head and my hat matched" Sunburned head......sunglasses.....get it. Jeeze, you better step out and get some fresh air. Take off your mitten......

TOXIC

No, what I need is a BEER! And some summer sausage and some monterey jack cheese, yeah, and a 60 degrees and a new 519 to go prefishing in and some new team daiwas and some St Croix rods (sorry Mini) and a 100 mph suit and and and, oh yeah, my wife to do the nekkid ritual snow dance! LOL Never mind.

Rob, while your traveling all over the world, Buzz can scoot over to NH and pre-fish Winni with Curtis. By September Curtis and Buzz will be on some Toads and you can just show up and WIN!!

Marke

Buzz and I are in for the Foxwoods. Now WHY in the world would NBS have a tourney on Winnie on Mother's day? Dat's plane stoopit! First it's a 2 fish limit right? What kind of tourney will that be? Secondly IT'S mother's day for cryin out loud. There will be ticked off wives and moms everywhere. Not to sooper smart ifn yuse aks me!

Marke, I will go down for no other reason but to show dem NH boys what smallie fishin is all about. I figure hey, crow tastes the same in NH as it does in MI! LOL And you better make yourslf available at least one weekend I'm in your new famed hometown/water. And come to my weigh in. And I need to borrow your cell for 4 days ok?

Rob,

Memorial Day weekend is our season opener statewide except St Clair. If memory serves me correct I will be on Saginaw Bay fishing the first of two Greater North Tournaments East Michigan events on back to back weekends. Might have a chance to fish during the following week.

We will look at the schedule and try to get a open in on Clair or Erie in June.

Mini

Rob,

The last time I tried to go to one of your weigh-ins you didn't make the cut. The cell phone you can borrow but for your sake, I'll keep away from the scales...LOL

Marke

Rob, I found out that the LCI tournament is going to be Sept. 7th. It looks like you'll be out of town according to your schedule from above.

Buzz,

I'm available to back boat you for any tourneys on Champlain if you need an amateur co-angler.

Bob G.

Bob, anytime the little man can't fish due to scheduling conflict your there buddy..

I'll be back for the 7th. The 1000 island is on the 6th. It's a one day event. I'll be home that night. We can fish the 7th. Sorry Bob, but you can still back to boat in for us! LOL Besides the 1000 island is tentative for me right now.

Buzz, I just wrote the LCI in my calendar and prefish it on Saturday with you. I will skip the 1000 island tourney. Time we make a name for ourselves on Champlain. Mike and Tom know to look for us, time to show the rest of the boys. Bob, you ought to get a partner and fish it. I can hook you up with some spots that should get you a check. You already know what baits to use.

Rob,

I'm gonna stick to fishing for fun as I can never predict when I have to be available for my real paycheck producing job!! I would like to do some pre-fishing on weekends on Champlain with anyone including you Rob!! And I can back your boat in for you too!!

Bob G.

As long as you don't back boat me anymore sure! LOL I'll have to take you out in May to show you what a jig n pig can REALLY do.

Bob,

E-mail Curtis, I bet he'd be interested in fishing a tourney on Champlain with you. He was pretty bumbed oiut that he couldn't get up there last year. Then you can fish from his 901 :eek:)

Marke

Rob,

I'm keeping May open so I can fish for the smallies with you.

Marke,

I'll find out if Curtis is planning a trip to Champlain.

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back