2 1/2 years later........

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well for those who remember, a little over 2 years ago, I attempted to get into state corrections....as an OFFICER! It is the best "job" to have in upstate NY if you want to fish tourneys and have a full time income also. Good pay, retirement, full bennies, plus 8 weeks off to start without doing swaps and doubles. Most guys get about 4 months off a year. Anywho...I had a heck of a time and was rejected. Tried again, was rejected again, and appealed it one last time. I prayed like never before and then left it in God's hands......guess what, I got in!:eek:

So now I'm just waiting for my call to the academy. It's amazing to think what my life will be like this time next year. I will actually be able to fish all my tourneys. Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and prayers!

Congrats Rob!!! I'm sure you'll make a great prison bull. ;):D Good luck on your tournaments as well.

Harpo

Congratulations!! I was in our states (TN) Correctional Officer series fo 18 years before moving over to work with Juveniles, best move I ever made by the way. I started as an Officer and moved up to Correctional Lt. before transferring.

You'll love it! It's a job that's not for everyone, but it is a thrill a minute sometimes and no two days are ever the same.

Good luck,

Steve

PS, If you get the opportunity, join the tactical team, swat team, what ever your state calls it. That's where the real excitment and the best training is;)

Congratulations! I majored in Criminal Justice and Psychology and always wanted to pursue a career in it. The paycheck of an Information Technology worker has spoiled me. I often think about a more satisfying career but I can't give up the old dollar.

Good luck!

Congratulations, Rob. That's great that your persistence paid off. Bodes well for your tournament fishing, too.

Do you still have the wrapped-truck and boat deal in the works???

Hopefully so, now that you will have time to fulfll your dream.:)

The boat Ken, not the truck any longer. The dealer was just blowing smoke.

great job Rob, Its nice to see some luck going your way again, I hope it works out for you & maybe I'll see you on the water next year in a different boat, I've finally started to figure out champlain my last 7 tournaments 22.09, 17.55 last august, june this year 18.45 & 21.89, NBS open 17.06 & 2 weeks ago NETB 19.89 & 18.04 plus my share of our winnings $3400.00. I'm 3rd place in points again with NETB for the 2nd year in a row.

Great news Rob! I always figured you would end up in the state pen!;)

Rich D

Congrat's Rob,....now,..who wants to start a pool on how long it takes before Rob ends up as Tyrone's Be-Yotch!! LOL!!:lol::p:rolleyes:

Mac,

I thought that was how Rob got the job!!! :eek:

Bob G.

Great news Rob! I always figured you would end up in the state pen!

Rich D

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Rich, where ya been? How's the family?

Mac, Your re: reminded me of something...I've got a good one heading your way.;)

Latest posts

Back