1st tourney of the year

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al cannia

Reaction score
Tough day,very windy,lost my first fish of the day just a ways from the boat,a nice 3.5-4 lber,caught about a dozen more the rest of the day but all short of the 15" min. Had one that was 14 & 5/8 " and went about 2lbs,what a football but still too short.:( Then the batteries started to fail again at about the 5 hr mark,must have a bad one or bad cell(s) and had to anchor up to fish from noon till 3pm. My non boater didn't catch a fish, was real bummed after noon,even gave him some of what I was throwin but did'nt help, he did catch alot of trees and rock piles and lost alot of stuff, so did I. Did win a good draw prize, $50 at Scheels,so I can replace alot of the 1/2 oz jigs I lost.Didn't stay all the way till the end of the payouts but up until that time big fish was 6.9 lbs, heavy stringer was 9lbs and it looked like about 75% of the teams blanked.I pre-fished the lake 5 times in the last 2 weeks,the fish were right where I found them in practice,but shut completely down on tourney day by 11am and wouldn't hit anything. All in all was a fun day,a tough lake but I would fish it again,infact I have not had a keeper there in over 2yrs, just lots of short ones,but I am learning to fish that lake:wacko:

Back