Z9 Performance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Larmand

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Just wondering if anyone here has a Z9 and what kind of speed and whole shot are they getting out of it?

Check out the review at bass and walleye boats magazine.

http://www.bwbmag.com/output.cfm?id=1221661

with the 300 Merc it's a screamer.

Right now my Z9 has the 250 pro XS with the standard prop and I'm only getting 68 MPH on GPS. I'm looking at raising the motor and changing pitch.

Would anyone have any other ideas??

Pat...where are you ?

You might want to repost the question to Pat Goff;)

what prop are you using, and how far below the pad is your prop?

habsr1 - something is not set up right.

My 2008 Z9 with 250 Pro XS with a full tournament load, full gas tanks (67 gallons) and two guys runs 72 mph GPS as set up coming out of the factory with a 26" Tempest prop, turning 5800 RPM. I'm still not out of the 3 hour break-in period so I'm not pushing it too much yet nor have I made any adjustments to the jackplate. Once I get out of the break-in period, tune the boat for speed and lighten the load a bit I should hit 75+ without much issue.

When you say you're only getting 68mph, what RPM are you running?

What pitch & make prop?

What year boat?

Fusion hull or standard handlaid hull?

Dealer didn't set your rig up right.....period.

I get 67 out of a 2000, 929 and a 225 efi, with a Trophy 2, 25p. And that's LOADED to the gills with gear.

TOXIC

I'm running with a 25" Tempest running 5600 RPM.

Fusion Hull

I am presently over the 3 hour period and now I'm starting to play with the motor. I've raised it about 3/4" and getting 71 MHP fully loaded.

I can still raise it about another 1" to 1 1/2" and I might try dropping to a 24" pitch.

I'll let you all know

I'm running with a 25" Tempest running 5600 RPM.

Fusion Hull

I am presently over the 3 hour period and now I'm starting to play with the motor. I've raised it about 3/4" and getting 71 MHP fully loaded.

I can still raise it about another 1" to 1 1/2" and I might try dropping to a 24" pitch.

I'll let you all know

Latest posts

Back