Nitro 189 Sport w 115 Opti

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callaojoe

Reaction score
What prop, and what sort of results are you getting from your boats?

I just bought mine, and it came with 3 props. A stainless 4 blade TurningPoint Express 13x19, a 4 blade Quicksilver Nemesis 13.4x15, and a 4 Blade Quicksilver Nemesis 13x17. Of the three, he liked the 13x17 the best. And, just looking around I'd guess he's probably right about that. He said the 19 pitch stainless was too much for it. Just looking for a good hole shot and good overall performance. I know the 115 is a bit light, but I have no desire to do much more than a good cruising speed, I don't do tournaments, etc.

thanks

OK, let me ask this way....

If you are running a 115 Opti, what prop are you running, and what sort of performance are you getting?

Thx.....

I have a 189 sf sport with a 120 on it. Laser II 3 blade 20P prop. Full tournament load with just me in the boat I get 43-45mph. Tubing with the family 38mph.

The one stainless prop, looking at the mercury prop selector, is the 13x18P vengeance. I've debated selling 2 of the 3 I have, the stainless 19p, and the 4blade 15P and maybe picking one of those up. I saw there is a Quicksilver Stainless 13x18P, I assume that's basically same as the vengeance Merc prop.

I run a vengeance 3 blade 18 p on my 08 189 sport with the 115 opti. With me and the wife it plane's quick and top speed is about 42

Latest posts

Back