Yamaha VMAX Yes/ NO & Why?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C C

Reaction score
Speaking of motors and Yamaha VMAX's I have a question. I am looking at buying a boat with a 2001 225 VMAX EFI motor on it and have read as much as I can find on this motor which is loaded with mixed reviews. Anyone out there have one and/or any comments on this motor?

Thanks

Cass

good reputation and they sound good. wow - 225 ponies, ya gotta be excited about that.

James, Like a kid in a candy store, but I am holding back until I see and take a ride in the boat this weekend. If it floats and runs I'm in.

Cass

You beat me to it Scott - Cass so is that Yamahammer hanging off a 911?? It's OK we're all friends here! LOL

I'm going to wait until I see this boat before I tell exactly what it is, but I will tell you it's not in the Tracker/Nitro family.

Cass

She's using that ol' "feminine mistique" on us, Michael!

And it still works!

I know, I even went to their web site to see if they had any CLUES!! Nope, just the Targa 17 and pic's of the NEW Dodge Ram - Cass and B - GREAT looking TRUCK!!!

Just went there..... Are those the 20" rims on the 2002? They just don't look that big!

Scott, I thought we already had this discussion. LOL Yes, those are 20" rims & tires. Come on over and I will let you take a good look at them. :) I need to get some new pics up now that all of the goodies are on it.

Cass

CC, all I can say is that I don't own a Vmax, but it will be my next motor if my choice dictates it. I ran 5 different Yamahas this summer and each one was FAST, quite, solid as a rock reliable, and great on gas by comparison to other brands. Buzz's 200 efi is a great motor, but the Vmax is faster, quieter, and more fuel effecient. If buying new, I would go Yamaha all the way.

Cass,

If Scott comes over, please post a pic of Scott standing next to one of your tires with the 20" rim for a comparison!

Bob G.

That would make it look like she got WAY too much truck for her money!

CC - vmax engines just sound so cool on the water. unless there is something wrong with the boat or motor, sounds to me like you will love it.

Latest posts

Back