Wow... It's hot today... and muggy too

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Walked out back this morning to drink my coffee on the back porch. About a minute later, I was sweating and walking back inside. That was 8:30.

Finished my coffee and breakfast, took a shower and thought briefly about going fishing for a couple of hours today. My wife mentioned she wanted me to drop some landscape mix and potting soil into our garden for her to plant some new seeds before I hooked up and left. So I emptied 3 bags of landscape mix, 2 bags of Miracle Grow garden mix, and 6 bags of potting soil into the garden, mixed it up, leveled it out and put the tools away.

I'm dripping wet with sweat. I was outside for about a 1/2 hour. Think I'll skip the fishing trip today.

Might go tomorrow morning between... oh... I don't know.... 5 am to 8am. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

I started the day on the lake at first light with a heavy coat on.......felt good.......was down to a t-shirt by 9:00. They were hitting good too!

You better get used to this Texas weather TritonGlenn. This is our normal South Texas weather and it's only starting, and at night it's 90+ at 9:30 p.m. I went to Falcon today and we pulled out at 3:00 p.m. and it was a nice warm day hitting the marker at 100 on the shade.

I was born in Louisiana, and I used to walk outside in the morning to air so thick you needed a knife to cut through it to get to your truck. Sugar Cane Mill right up the road, so during "grinding" season (harvesting) you could smell the thick odor of sugar / mollassas right after you got up. I used to be dark. Really dark. Never burnt. Ever.

Then I joined the Navy and spent 18 of 21 years in VA. Guess my body got used to the weather there, and I'm having a hard time re-adjusting to the southern heat / sun. I actually got a sunburn earlier this year - a bad one too. Peeled and everything, which is highly unusual for me.

My wife say's it's because I'm getting old. :rolleyes: My 5 year old was kind enough to mention that I sweat because I'm fat. :lol: Ain't kids great. They just speak the truth. :D

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back