A day at Highschool

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Greg said in my other post that he enjoyed reading my posts about highschool. They do that "day on the water with...." so this will be a Day at highschool with BJ.

I wake up at about 6:30 (central time)(I dont get out of bed till around 7ish, i have my alarm set early) take a shower, get dressed, all the morning stuff. I leave my house around 7:55 to drive to school. I arive at school at about 8:10. I park my truck and usually my friends arive at the same time and we'll walk from teh student parking lot to the school and talk.

Once in school I go to my locker put my books up and grab my stuff for first hour.

Heres my schedule:

1. English IV-I have an AWESOME teacher. Right now we are reading Up From Slavery the Autobiography of Booker T. Washington

2. History/CWV-Great class, again another great teacher

3. Bible-I go to a private school, wouldnt have it any other way

4. Yearbook-"blow off hour" we dont really do anything but work on the yearbook

Lunch-i usually take my lunch but our lunches arent too bad

5. Accounting-fun, i love it

6. Anatomy-science class....not too fond of it

7. Choir-can i sing? HA! no, but a lot of my friends did it and we can go to the choir tour together.

We get out at 3:15 and now that golf has started I drive to the driving range/course about a mile or two from the school to hit a few balls and on some days play nine holes. I havent been to a practice yet because I wasnt at school on friday due to the BFL and didnt know that golf started this week. Today was my first day, so i'm not sure what time practice gets out. I'm assuming it will be around the same time as football so I will get home around 5:45.

Once at home, i'll crash for a little bit, watch TV, read a fishign book, get on the comp and come to NTOWS.

Usually later I'll do homework/study for tests.

Its finals week right now, next week is spring break. I have taken all my finals except for English and Anatomy (anat. is tomorrow).

I like to go to bed at about 9:30 (its 10:30 right now while i'm typing) but that never happens. I'm usually in bed at around 10:00-11:00.

On the weekends, i'm not normal, i dont spend a ton of time with friends...i'm out fishing. I take that back, i do go to a lot of movies and out to eat and to the mall and different places during the winter. It slows down some during the summer

Next Christmas break theres a few of us going up to Michigan for a trip to snowboard ski and fish.

I guess thats about it for now!

BJ -

I went to a private Catholic high school. It was a small school - only 31 students in my 1968 graduating class. For those of you familiar with St. Louis, I went to Priory. Not only did we have religion classes, but we also went to Mass every day and took Latin. About the only thing I remember from back then is.....

"Latin is a dead, dead language.

As dead as dead can be.

Once it killed the Romans.

And now it's killing me."

For the first three years we also took French. Senior year we only had to take one languge - I chose French. I hate languages. I don't know what it is, but my mind just does NOT pick them up.

I loved Mathematics, Biology and Physics. Chemistry fell into the same category as languages.

me!

...oh wow... i just realized... it will be 40 years in 2008... ...wow,,,

BJ I go to High School everyday too. I'm fifty three I sure hope I graduate soon.

fatrap

Same here, fatrap. I'm 51 and go to high school 5 days a week also. Been doing it 8 yrs now, and still can't graduate, lol.

Sounds SO MUCH better than up at 6:30 to go to work and home at 8:30 from work...

...and also better than up at 0445, home at 1600 (if no meetings, etc).

Enjoy high school while you're there! ;)

Latest posts

Back