Arrived Safely in Shanghai, should move in apartment on Monday...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
We all arrived late last night into Shanghai with no issues. The boys were great on the flights, especialy the 15 hour flight from Atlanta to Seoul! Now, to be fair we got lucky and the Korea Air 747 had been very newly remodeld and IBM put us on Business Class and we got even luckier to be on the top floor of the 747. Food was great, service great and the there were more movies, shows and games on the in-seat video's then the kids could watch/play!! We had a nice short layover in Seoul and onto Shanghai arriving around 8:30pm local time Friday night. We definetly looked like we were either moving or going for a LONG trip when we went through customs on both ends and the hotel with 16 suitcases!!! LOL

We got a little bit of sleep, walked around a lot this morning, had a nice outdoor breakfast at a outdoor cafe (no monkey brains for Eli yet!), then walked over to our apartment complex so show them around, then walked about 4 blocks down to the shopping area near our apartment. Looked at and picked out a bike for Eli (he's excited its a 5 speed!) we'll buy when we move into the apartment, Noah is looking at skateboards. Had lunch at the Blue Frog, and loaded up on a few days of drinks/snacks for a total of less then $10 US!! We took a cab back to the hotel for less then $2, and are relaxing for a bit. Oh and we fed the mega cold fish/Koi at the shopping area, so at least I SAW fish today!!

Sunday at 10am we get picked up by the realestate agent to check into the apartment, sign the lease, measure the beds and do some shopping for essentials. We'll probably move in on Monday.

Everyone is well, Dr. gave me the green light the past Monday, still taking some ibuprophen every day or 2, but much better and if no infections won't be back to the Surgeon in the US till mid Jan 08 for my follow-on surgery to remove the cadaver bones and get me back to talking/eating normal (and Beka will like the lack of Cadaver bone as I won't have CSI breath anymore!!! LOL).

Thank you to everyone for your support, help and friendship while we got this trip ready.

More as we settle into the apartment.

Trep

Trep,

Glad to hear that you made it there safely and that all is well.

Sue

Good news that all went well... Keep us posted...

I knew that the boys would really have a great time on the trip. Glad to hear that you all made it safely. Top deck of the 747 huh.

Tex

Good morning Trep, and it is good to see all is well. The fishing has slowed so much right now you are not missing anything. If we don't get some rain soon you won't be missing anything for a LONG time.

Good luck in your new home. You're now an official Ex-Pat.

Harpo

Do they have a BPS there? Have a great time, and keep us posted.

Donnie

Hey Gang!

Toxic - Found it, the local sporting goods store (think Dicks, Sports Authority, Academy) is less then 10 mins walk from the apartment. They have a small fishing isle but fishing none the less!!

Carlos - Kids amazingly adapted literaly overnight, Beka and I are taking a bit longer!! LOL

Harpo - Yup, found your presents in our suitcase, we'll unpack in a few days and take the first of many pics for ya!!

Donnie - No BPS, Cabelas or other big fishing places here yet.

We signed the paperwork on the apartment today, moved our big suitcases from the hotel, did a bit of shopping, and tomorrow AM finishing the bank paperwork on the place and physicaly move out of the hotel into the apartment!!

Trep

Trep

Glad to hear you made it safe and are getting all moved in.

Forget BPS,Cabelas Etc. Find out where all our tackle is made and buy it factory direct. :D You can ship it all back and store it my place.;) Good luck on your new adventure.

Gene

Great to hear you got there ok. and that the jaw bone is healing.

One question... Why did you have to "measure the beds"?:huh:

Tom

Trep,

Glad you made it safely and are getting settles-in :)

Why did you have to "measure the beds"?

I'm curious about that also, lol :)

They have to measure the beds for sheets and blankets... Several sizes and several lengths are possible...

Glad you made it safely. Enjoy every bit of it while you are there. I can think of a few coworkers I would like to send to China. :p

Greg is right on the beds. The sizes are NOT the same as in the US, a Chinese King sized bed is a bit smaller then a US King, which is smaller then a California King. So we had to make sure we measured them since most of the stores and packaging is in Chinese so we can't tell what is what!! LOL We did find sheets and pillow cases and a few light blankets since its summer. Been an experience shopping for the basics by Taxi!! We are about 10 mins walk or 3-4 mins taxi to the shopping area, but as you can expect w/out a car of our own buying pillows, blankets, pots, pans, food... and getting that into a VW taxi (98% are older style Jetta's due to a contract with VW years ago) can be a challenge!! last night Eli and I went shopping for the pillows, blankets, sheets and breakfast food/drink, and we took up the entire taxi trunk, 75% of the backseat/floor with Eli squeezed in and me in front!! LOL

Today we took the whole family for a few more things, including more food and kitchen stuff, luckily the Taxi had a larger trunk today!!!

Trep

Look for only 2 things Trepper, Megabass and Luckycraft. You could retire just on what you sell to Buzz!:D

Heard they are running some great deals on the Rat sammiches right now....:blink::blink:

Steve

Latest posts

Back