Working on my fishing 'psyche'

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
In preparing for this season, and especially since I am going to fish in more (and more competitive) tournaments this year, I realize that not only do I have to be ready to fish and catch - but also ready 'between the ears'.

In that light, I've gone back to refreshing myself on some of the basics, and I am doing several things that will benefit me.

One, I'm working on my goals for the year. Last year, I had very achievable goals, and accomplished all of them. In short, I didn't set my goals high enough. This year, I'm going to have more specific goals (when I get them done, I'm gonna post them so that they are 'public', and not just internal goals).

One of the other things, some might find to be trivial, but I thought it was important for several reasons. I ordered a Quik-Cull system from Cabellas this morning. I made sure to request that it be delivered quickly, as I will need it next weekend.

I need it, because this year, I AM going to catch more fish, and have the need to cull my catch as the day progresses. I know that the fish are going to be there, and that I have the skill necessary to fill my limit. I'm not saying that I will need it every tournament, but I'm definitely going to put it to good use.

Tex

hey tex,

that is really neat that you would share with us. i hope you meet your goals and expectations and have a lot of fun doing it. be sure and check your rules on the culling stuff as i think i read in a bass federation or local bass club rules that they were not allowing the fish to be pinned for culling or stringered. thought i'd thow that out there just in case.

jd

James,

I will certainly check those rules. This Quik-cull system is simply a small nylon clamp, with a short floatable nylon rope attached (different colors). The nylon clip simply 'clips' to the lower jaw of the bass. No muss, no fuss, no harm to the bass. I didn't like the various systems that have larger metal clips that ran through the gills. Will check and let you know what I find out.

Did the double check of the rules. No restrictions on culling mechanisms at this time. Of course, we may get different instructions at the first meeting.

Tex

that's great. those clips sound like a better idea. maybe youl share enough of your touney experience so somebody without any experience can follow your lead. i'm thinkin of checking into a local bass club and seeing what the tourney's are like. sounds like it could be fun if you hooked up with the right people.

James,

I have really enjoyed it. I found the right group, the first time out, which is rare. If you can find a group that fishes for 'points' instead of 'dollars', then you will probably be better off. There is still competition, but it's good natured.

Best of luck.

Tex

T.T What a Great idea to let people know what you goals for the fishing season are! It will help put a little extra incentive to acheive them.I am going to go over my own goals for this season and post them here as well. Who knows some of the people on the board may be able to help......

TT when you are ready to post your goals , I 'll be right behind you

Maybe some others might want to as well?

Bill

Latest posts

Back