Wookiee is down to the Nitro or Kenner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
I went to the Chesapeake Boat show last night and totaly changed my mind on what kind of boat to buy. I have firmly decided on a center console. It's perfect for my needs. It has a shallow draft for small water, good deck for fly casting, will handle chop and fairly big water, and has space for surfboard, divegear, people, fish, dogs, cats, etc...... I am down to the Nitro 1800 or the Kenner V18. Does Kenner have a website? I can't find it. Does anybody know anything about Kenner? What should I be concerned with? What features should I care about. Thanks agian for your help.

Nitro owns Kenner... You be looking at the same general boat :). Kenner used to make the hulls for the Nitro bay boats, but I believe they are now literally one and the same.

They are the same hull with almost identical features other than graphics. In addition to price, consider the dealership in whole. Consider which one will be the best servicing your new boat. Check them out. A good dealer will help as much or more after the sale with good service/accessories/warranties. IMHO

you are dead right about the versatility of a center console. i switched from a nx882 and went to a 'bay' boat with the platform on the front. the wife/kids love the new boat as well. it won't get in quite the skinny water that a bass boat will and certainly WON'T go as fast. but how many fish do you catch going 50+ mph anyway?

Kenner is the stripped down version of the Nitro. Do what i did when i made the change from bass boat to center console...go to the website listed below. it is the fl sportsman website. those guys down there live on the water and they all have these types of boats. i was minutes from buying a SEA FOX center console, but after asking that bulletin board for their advice, I bought a sea pro boat. keep in mind they are down there in the salt water/air environment and they know what boats are built the best and can handle that type of rough environment. heck, one of the guys even sent me a link to the sea pro boat that i ended up buying. personally, i wouldn't buy the nitro or the kenner for the simple fact that not many of the guys in fl have them, thus not much info. on them. i believe there are LOTS of center console boats that you will find for less $$$ for the same or better quality of boat.

if you have any questions, send me an email and i will try to answer them for you.
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=16

you are dead right about the versatility of a center console. i switched from a nx882 and went to a 'bay' boat with the platform on the front. the wife/kids love the new boat as well. it won't get in quite the skinny water that a bass boat will and certainly WON'T go as fast. but how many fish do you catch going 50+ mph anyway?

Kenner is the stripped down version of the Nitro. Do what i did when i made the change from bass boat to center console...go to the website listed below. it is the fl sportsman website. those guys down there live on the water and they all have these types of boats. i was minutes from buying a SEA FOX center console, but after asking that bulletin board for their advice, I bought a sea pro boat. keep in mind they are down there in the salt water/air environment and they know what boats are built the best and can handle that type of rough environment. heck, one of the guys even sent me a link to the sea pro boat that i ended up buying. personally, i wouldn't buy the nitro or the kenner for the simple fact that not many of the guys in fl have them, thus not much info. on them. i believe there are LOTS of center console boats that you will find for less $$$ for the same or better quality of boat.

if you have any questions, send me an email and i will try to answer them for you.

bryan

Back