Wiring Problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis K

Reaction score
I just got my boat back from the shop after 8 weeks for an engine rebuild and I found out that none of my switches at the console are working. Checked connections at battery and sure enough the tech forgot to put them back on. So after I reattached I only have two that are working, bilge pump and horn. The livewell switch and navigation light switch are not working. I have triple checked battery connections and even looked for more wires not connected. The light behind the switch is not even coming on. The layout of the switches are that I have two on each side of the steering wheel. Bilge and livewell on the left. Horn and navigation on the right. The two not working is the bottom switch on either side. I know I have power coming to the bilge switch but it is not making it out. There is some kind of red round plug wired into switch that I have no idea what it is for. The writing on the label has worn off. There is some numbers stenciled into the plastic that says "car plug rcl 12". I did a search on it and I didn't see anything of use. I have a feeling that with the boat sitting outside uncovered that rain may have corroded something but I can't find anything obvious.

I guess what I need to ask is does anyone have any ideas? I can take a picture of the red thing if that would help. It has a power plug coming off of it that is jumpered into the switch. I haven't tried to figure out the navigation light switch problem. I think one will fix the other.

Also, does anyone know where I could find a wiring diagram or owners manual or any other manual that may help? I am not the original owner and nothing was passed along to me when purchased.

Boat is a 1997 640 LX if that helps. Sorry for such a long post. Didn't want to leave anything out.

Thank You,

Backlash

Sorry for the delay in returning. I have been laid up in the bed sick for the last 2 days. Some kind of high fever bug zapped me.

Fuses were checked. Learned that lesson when my charger stopped working.

BL

Latest posts

Back