Winneconne, WI Get Together in August

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
It looks like a few of us will again get together at Winneconne, WI to witness Toxic's annual trip to the real world... We are looking at August 4th through the 7th... Likely Friday the 5th for the annual up the river fishing trip and lunch stop....

Let us know if you'd like to join us for any one or more of those days...

We have had nothing but fun every year... great food and good fishing... Best of all, fantastic company...

DARN - I am leaving for Hawaii that week -- guess I'll have to go deep sea fishing instead....

"poor me" ;-)

David

:cool:

Greg,

What kind of accomodations are available? Do you need more boats? I might be able to make the trek. Just passed by the area last week coming back from Northern Wisconsin (Cornucopia) and loved the area (at least north of Madison :lol: )

Thanks.

SevenPin

damn....I'm on vacation this coming week & the 1st week of September, and have a pig roast scheduled for that weekend in August. Wish I had know a little sooner, Winneconne is only about a 60 minute ride from my house & I haven't made it to Winne since getting the new boat (but it's in the future plans for sure)!

MM....

Only an hour away... come over in an evening and join "us".. at least TJ and I will be there 24hrs a day for two or three days... We plan on chasing some walleyes after dinner at least once...

Greg,

Are you planning to arrive on the 4th? I can make it any time on the 4th, but I should probably head home no later than Saturday evening. I have a family "obligation" on Sunday so that's when my kitchen pass expires:angry:

TJ

That works for me... I'll arrive around noon-2 on the 4th and leave Sunday morning-noon....

I've got my reservations for the 4th & 5th, BUT.....I have to stay across the river at the "Lakeland" resort. The lady said she's booked at the Wolf River House. The way she described it, it's less than a mile away, and it's probably better than sleeping in my truck. I can hardly wait! I'll call you when I'm on my way, o.k. Greg?

TJ

TJ... I guess I am in Lakeland also...

If anybody else is joining us.... call me at 847-651-3843... We'd be better off $$$ with a cottage if we have 3 or 4 of us staying 2 or 3 nights....

We need to mail TOX a map....LOL

Mr. Hammer...

Are you ready for Friday? The bartender is set for return match... She says she'll only fight you with onew hand tied behind her back... So, you may have a chance....

Oh, and dancing on the decks of small boats has been outlawed in Wisconsin...:D

Leaving in about 30 minutes for the family fishing vacation to Hayward, Wi. You kids play nice while I'm gone.

So somebody keep this at the top to continue the invite to all...

I will plan to meet up with you all for one of the weekend days...can't make it an overnighter this year unfortunately.

You know Mr. Gross... it's almost all Expressway driving for you to join us...

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind more than once . But at the moment I'm am not allowed to even drive. The bang to my head was harder than what I first thought. It's going to take a little more time to work throught it.

Last week I hooked up the hose to my motor to make sure it still would start. I hadn't done that since my accident Oct 11,04 . It turnes over with the first click of the key ! it sounded and smelled so good , it was great. The tilt /trim hydrolics are still broken. My Attns. will not let me fix a think until after the settlement.

Mark Gross :lol::lol:

still awaiting a work schedule for August, but I'm sure I'll be on it all weekend. My boss is leaving this weekend on a 7 day cruise & either him or I have to be available 24/7 in case of semi rollovers, so I don't see me making iot, but sure wish I could......GGGrrrrr........

Gee Mark...

"Twenty Yuppers in a pontoon boat.... the wife she thinks I'm working... the boss he thinks I'm sick..." There, there is a "plan"... with some risk, but still a plan...:unsure:

Greg,

I may be starting a parlor on that Thursday evening (Aug 4). I'm doing everything I can to get the dairyman in there a day or 2 sooner, but not sure how it's gonna work out yet. IF that happens, I'll still be there bright & early on Friday morning, just won't get there any sooner than that.

Of course, I could justiy staying until Sunday then.......

TJ

TJ...

You'll just miss dinner at the Haase's LOL All you can eat something!!! Remember!!!

Seven Pin? You In? Everybody write down my cell number 847-651-3843... Call Thursday if you plan on being around...

Thursday night all you can eat something at Haase's (Home of the 46oz prime rib)...

Tox... Does Friday work for you (if we arrange bread crumbs...)?

Up the Wolf River fishing Friday (with coffee, bar and burger stops)

Fantastic buffet at Fin and Feather Friday evening...

Saturday chasing walleyes (or other apporopriate fish)

Saturday dinner at one of the bars...

Sunday Brunch at Fin and Feather...

Fishing, eating and drinking...

That's right - Haase's! Dang I hate to miss that:angry: With a little luck the electrician will run behind schedule and we won't get this thing going until the following week. I'll be in touch with you on Thursday.

The rest of the itinerary looks awesome, by the way;)

TJ

Friday is just fine as far as I know.

Log my Cell.....202-550-5549. I'll probably be in Green Bay again.:lol::unsure:

TOXIC

Tox... TJ...

My boat is at the mechanic with a dead coil pack on one cylinder... Who is bringing a boat? And, how many of us Indians are we expecting?

I can certainly bring mine, but we aint gonna be able to troll for 'eyes behind the Nitro:blink:. Unless, of course, you think those "carp with teeth" might chase a dipsy diver moving 3.5 mph.

TJ

TJ...

I won't know till Wednesday if I can pick mine up (repaired) by Thursday... So, we may be fishing from your boat. I just got back from Hayward and had had problems... My mechanic checked it and it was fine... Then, it started acting rough again and he diagnosed it as a bad coil pack... He has ordered the part and hopes it will be in Tuesday...

No Problem, Greg. I'll plan on hauling mine up unless I hear differently. The only issue with mine is the bow mounted fish finder has been real squirrely lately. We'll just have to jig for those walleyes I guess. OR.....fish the riprap for bass:eek:!

Also, it's looking more promising that I will be able to get up there on Thursday. MMMMMMM....Haase's:D.

TJ

Too cool... Then we have it set... And, we can jig for walleyes... I know a couple of tricks and I'll bring along the right gear... Dem Bassus on Friday and Sat we fish for eyes....

TJ you are going to need two anchors... If you don't have two let me know... I have spares laying around that I can bring...

Greg - go ahead and bring an anchor if that's not a problem. I'd buy a second one myself if I thought I might ever use it again, but that seems unlikely:unsure:.

Julie is sending some more cookies with me again this year, so don't let me forget them in the hotel room. Last year I was throwing cookies out the window during the drive home just so I didn't catch he11 when I got home for "not sharing" :rolleyes:!

TJ

TJ...

Tox and I had already planned on "searching" you for cookies.... The ones you shared last year made it impossible for you to survive any attempt to horad them...

Yeah... if we fish the cane beds the way I want to (leeches/crawlers under slip bobbers)... we will need two anchors to "set" the boat.... You fish the windy side of a cane bed letting your slip bobber drift right to the edge... so the two anchors are set off each end like a trapezoid with the boat being the short parallel side (I hope you got that) then its open up a bud and wait!

DAMN......wish me & myTarga could join in the fun! Just can't get away from work responsibilities... & I've got all the planer boards, line counters & chit for trolling for them eyes.... GGGGGrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! Damn boss & his cruise! Sometimes I really hate being the 2nd in command. Have a blast guys!

Maj

See you guys in a couple of days....

Major Mark... Didn't you review my plan for your sudden illness...:huh:

I'll be there on Thursday - probably late afternoon. See you then!

TJ

I have your number... and I think you have mine... 847-651-3843

I "SHOULD" be there around 4:00 to 6:00 PM.....

I'll call you - my ETA is about the same. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to this!

TJ

Latest posts

Back