Winch Question

• Thread starter Jason L [URL]http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalo
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops! Sorry! I thought you had a ex-wife / girlfriend that you had questions about. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Hey Jason,

What do you mean by "not big enough to fully close "? Are you talking about the little metal "closure" piece that supposedly keeps the hook from jumping off?. If so I had the same problem so I just took the one on mine off. I also never had the hook jump off the bow eye.

Uncle Billy

"Are you talking about the little metal "closure" piece that supposedly keeps the hook from jumping off?. "

Yes, that's what is happening. The little spring-loaded closure thing won't close all the way.

29ftsfq.jpg

Jason - if I recall correctly, the hooks are sewn onto the strap. If so, I wouldn't worry too much about it so long as the PT185 also has the secondary safety strap hooked to the bow eye. The bow eyes on the PT's are huge cast metal things so its not surprising the difficulty in fitting an aftermarket hook. If it really bothers you, I suppose you could buy an extra big hook from BPS and then sew it onto the strap after cutting the old one off. But even that way, you compromise the strap by having to resew on a new hook. Either way you decide, you shouldn't have too many issues.

Good luck.

Just curious...what was wrong with your original winch? Your boat isn't very old, is it?

Harpo

Latest posts

Back