Why you should consider fishing Lake Fork

• Thread starter John Astrello [URL]http://lfmfr.com/[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone should go there at some point in their fishing life. I went about 4-5 years ago and had a blast. It is a very interesting lake. I think they flooed a forest valley and then went in and cut boat lanes through the tree tops. Do not go outside the channel bouys a foot unless you are at idle speed. As far fishing they were catching up to 15lb bass even days before I arrive in Early March. I fished for 3 days and the largest I caught was 5-6lbs, but I did spook some monsters off of beds that had to 10+. I did have fun watching a couple of guys from Illinois pull in an 11lb+ bass caught on a texas rig worm. Obviously the fish of a lifetime for him and they were wooping/hollering. I almost enjoyed it as much as catching it myself. I have learned many new techniques since then so I want to go back and give it another springtime try one of these years. In the spring it seemed that anything red (rattletraps, spinnerbaits, worms) was the ticket. I did this all in my PT175 with a 25hp motor. Only one time did the wind come up and spook me a little with my 25, but never really in any trouble.

Latest posts

Back