Who's up for fishing with Rob LaMoy on the Mississippi

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Okay, starting Friday night, May 15th, Rob and I will be on The Mississippi River at Moline, IL for Sat and Sunday. We could use all the help we can get. Rob is pre-fishing for the All American.

I have arranged double rooms with free breakfast in Moline/Davenport IA for $43 a night for the room, outside power, etc. Pool...

A good time will be had by all. E-mail me for info.

Hey Greg, I appreciate the invite and if I was close, I would be there. I'm in SC, so it's a bit of a drive. Wish you all the best and hope you load the boat, have fun.

JP

If it was two weeks later I'd be there in a hearbeat. I was born two blocks from that river in Clinton IA

fatrap

Cardio doc gave me a green light today...so I'll be all out! Just remember guys, I fish 110 mph!!!

Try a Bronze Eye @ 88.7 mph....

So what speed reel would that be mini.....a 65.9 to 1 ratio??? And burning the bearings out of it? Might work for billfish.

In other words....IF you fish @ 110mph, slow down a bit and throw a frog in the pads. Or swim a jig (blue jig, pumpkin trailer) through the pads. HANG ON!

I did catch smallies on the riprap between channel markers on cranks (norman deep n, chartruese pearl).

but of course I could have told you all this IF you would have called...lol

Latest posts

Back