Where's the nearest hospital?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
Saturday morning was beautiful. It was just light enough to run without lights, there was just enough of a breeze to put a slight ripple on the water, and the water color and temperature was perfect.

After a short one mile run from the ramp I shut the engine down and then slipped the trolling motor into the water. I was using a Pop-R and my partner (Momma Bear) was using a spinnerbait. On her second cast she said a bass hit short on the lure and she might put on a trailer hook. Just then a bass splashed at my third cast but missed the bait. I quickly threw back to the same area and this time he got it. My fourth cast had landed a beautiful little two pounder. While I was lipping him I reached over to take the hook out and he jumped and drove the lure

Love them GPS units for that type of information (Hospitals and ER's). Sorry to hear about your mishap. Always seems someone wants to know if it hurts, while they are watching you writhe in obvious pain. Of course, when they are the one that's about to do the work, you are generally careful not to make them too mad!

Tex

Doesn't that suck. Happened to me once too. I tried like hell to get it out myself, but it was a two handed job, and all I had available was my left hand, and nobody would do it for me. Off to the ER we went.

Bear

I know your pain. Years ago I had my brother in law sink a crankbait in my shoulder. It was almost dark and Monte,a nonfisherman, was told to set the hook if he felt a tug. Monte was casting off the back of the boat in the opposite direction. He felt the tug on his back cast(my shoulder) and set the hook. When I yanked back he got excited and started to reel and pump the rod.

As he was a surgical nurse he stated I needed immediate medical attention. As we were hitting two pound schoolies on about every cast that was the only thing that needed immediate attention. I had him cut the hook off with wire cutters and kept on casting until dark.

At University Hospital, I too had a female(student) doctor all four foot eight of her. She had to climb on the gurney to get a good angle at the hook as she couldn't find a stool to stand on. Enter my wife and sister in law into the room with the little doc and I on the gurney.

Anyway guess what crankbait was the source of my pain? A shallow diving FATRAP.

fatrap

The hospitals around lakes are good at taking hooks out.This spring I had to take brother in law to one by Dale Hollow.He was embarassed but the nurse said they get tons of hooks out and told a story of a guy who had a hook stuck in THE WORST POSSIBLE PLACE YOU COULD THINK OF!!!!! Yes you are probably thinking of the right place.Needless to say bro in laws thumb wasnt Quite so bad after that story.

Latest posts

Back