Wheel bearings

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Towse

Reaction score
Before I head south to Douglas lake in Tenn. and Jordan in N.C. I want to change my wheel bearings. Can any one tell me the size of bearings on my 1993 170 nitro trailer would take. When greasing up the bearings last weekend a little water came out of one of them. Thought I would just change them before I drive 900 miles on vac. in 3 weeks

Dale

Sorry I can't help you with the siza.

Some good advice for a long trip----Save all the tools you use to change the bearings and put them in a small toolbox.Clean up the old bearings and seals and put them in the box.Take them with you.

I travel route 79 north to Lake Erie a good bit and have seen alot of boats that were left along the road get trashed.

Those old bearings and tools may just save the day if anything happens.

Steve

Dale, Can't help you with the bearings but Jordan is heating up right now with good numbers of largemouth turning on. Also, the bite for the hybrids should turn on soon. You should be hitting this lake at just about the right time. Good luck!

I went to my Nitro dealer and asked them what size my 2001 trailer wheel bearings were and they told me there were two different sizes installed in the same kinds of trailer. WHat he meant was that in some trailers they installed a larger bearing in the back of hub and a smaller one in front of the hub. Then he said in some trailers the bearings in back and front were the same size. Confused!?

So was I. Actually the only way to tell, I was told by the dealer, was to remove the bearings and check the numbers on the bearings themselves. My Napa store carried the bearings. They were, in fact different sizes. Good luck.

i have the lx700 and my bearings were the type with 2 different sizes, i think they were like 1 3/8" x 1 1/16". I believe that if you pull the hub and the spline is tapered, then you probably will have this type of bearing set up. I didn't have the tools to get the rear bearings out so I just replaced the whole hub on each side which was pretty simple. There are some complete hub kits with seals and everything pre-greased and ready to go if you want to go this route.

jd

Latest posts

Back