What a SHOPPING weekend!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well, I get the shopping gene's from my Mom, so at 5am Friday I rolled out of bed, grabbed the wife (Grandma was sleeping and would take care of the boys) while we headed for SHOPPING! Hit SportsAuthority at Town Center (BPS is an hour away now) and got the 99 cent spinning combo (originaly $29.99). Any of you who got this read carefuly if you got more then TWO. Rebate ($20) says specificaly only 2 rebates per person/househould, and requires the original reciept. Also picked up a nice trolling rod for $14.00 (originaly $49.99). Beka picked up 2 of the canvas colapsable chairs (2 for $9), 2 fleece sleeping bags for summer ($4 each). Then we hit the CROWDS!! BEST BUY!! All I wanted was the 256k SD memory cards (50% off) for my new camcorder, and a new Suround Sound reciever. We got out with just what we needed.

Also stopped at Office Max, I can't believe how low Digital Camera's have dropped. For $50, I picked up (one for each kid) a 2 megapixel camera that has movie mode. So instead of getting them $10 disposable camera's and another $10 for prints that you don't know if they come out, they'll now be able to review each picture and decide which to download and print/email. Also picked up a 64meg USB memory stick for FREE!!!

Ok so we did Hit BPS today!! Got the large PBS Weather Proof boat bags (one for me and one for each of the guys in my wife's family), The boys picked up a bunch of the crankbaits on sale, I got a new trolling reel for my new rod. Beka watched a pro do a Buzzbait demo in the tank and comes over and says "I now know how to fish a buzzbait, I want one!! So, added it to the basket! Got me one of the 24 rod large floor mounted rod holders, for my extras that don't fit in the Tracker!

Now just have to wait till Hanukah and I get my toys!!! LOL

REALY liked the look of the new 175/185 hulls painted the top 1/3rd! Wish they had done that to the PC also, but not yet. We'll gotta keep saving for that next boat!

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving, only 1 more day and back to the grind :)

So, what did you BUY???

Thanks Trep.. I went to OfficeMax and got that camera last night. We managed to miss every freaking sales flyer there is. How'd you get the memory stick for free? I missed that one.

Jim -I WISH I could buy time! I'd trade all my "stuff" in for more time with my Dad and Brother who have passed.

Mike - Back of the Office Max add was a "Everything on this page FREE after Rebates" on Friday/Saturday Only. 64Meg Quick Drive was the only thing I realy needed. Though they had a universal 8 device remote, a 2.4 gig cordless phone plus some other stuff, but with everything else we bought that 90% required rebates, figured we had enough things to cut, copy, fillout and mail!

Beautiful sentiment, Michael! Absolutely beautiful!

God Bless you, my Friend!

me!

Trep,

Did you get the rod holder that has the three posts on it? I'm assuming so, since that one was on sale. That's the only one worth having.

Still irratated on some of the rebates. Bought a new EMachines monitor for my computer 6-8 weeks ago. Filled out the $100.00 mail in rebate, and am still waiting.

Tex

Tex - Yes the 3 post one, I looked at all the others, and the BPS guy agreed the the $20 3 post one was best.

Just put 10 rebate envelopes in the mail this morning!!

On the e-machines, you'll get it, my mom just got hers 10 weeks after submitting. Figure they are swamped right now, but we've had very good luck with e-machines in our family, very good support when needed.

Thanks Trep. I had considered getting one of their workstations, but am waiting on the rebate check to decide.

Judy wants me to get another rod-rack, as the one I have is overfull. New rack means more space.

Tex

Trep, what an idea!

I have a few friends and relatives with boats/or that fish, those boatbags are a good idea! egMike

A note on rebates...... not long ago, my wife and I decided it was time to upgrade our cellphones, free of course after mail in rebate($50 each) ....... guess what I just stumbled across this morning, yep, the rebate forms and receipts which had to be mailed and postmarked by Nov 30th......arrgh! egMike

egMike - Agree on the boat bags, I have a regular travel/duffle type bag I usualy use to take towels and swim stuff on the boat with the kids, but as it's not water/weather proof any rain, splash or dripping wet kid gets the bag/contents wet. Looking forward to using mine on the boat and when I go to Canada.

Latest posts

Back