Water Pumps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Izzi

Reaction score
Ok guy's I had a new skeg welded on and while he did it I had him change the lower unit oil and whole water pump, impeller, housing, seals the whole lot. Now I have a question does anyone else's 200 efi not shoot water out at the rear below the cowling until you increase the RPM's or am I just being paranoid? I just want to make sure this is done right......Let me know!

The Dragon

It should have water comin out the pee hole even at idle. How was it before the mechinic worked on it? Check under the cowling, maybe the hose for the pee hole came alittle loose. I had a 150 EFI, 1994, that didn't shoot out water at the pee hole at Idle, I talked to a Merc. Rep. at a tourney and he said that the hoses were not routed right during production in 1994 and he showed me how it was suppose to be and I did what he said and problem solved. It still cooled the engine alright just the hose for the pee hole was wrong.

It was doing this same thing before that is why I had him change the pump. My engine is a 2002 200hp merc efi.

Thanks'

The Dragon

It's been around ten years since I rerouted the pee hole hose so I can't remember what exactly I did. Maybe you could go to a dealer and look at an 200 hp efi and see if there is a difference in how that hose is routed, that might help. But has I said before that was the problem with mine. I do remember that I had to splice into another line, I believe it was an output hose from the engine, I used some small plastic slice couplers, it was easy to do. I hope it helps.

Dragon:

According to the book, you should have two (2) hoses running from the top of the cylinder heads to a point near the back of the lowerpart of the cowling. At the top under the hose is supposed to be a thermostat, one for each bank of cylinders. The book says the thermostat opens at 140-145 degrees. Not sure if there is a bypass system. Also the book does not mention if the motor is efi or optimax.

mike

I was told until the T-Stats opened up,the pee stream would be weak to maybe non at all...Once they open,it should pee really hard then...

Ok thanks guy's I went out to the shop hooked up the ears and let it warm up this time and it did just that. I shut it down the first time because I did not want to damage anything, but she shoots hard. As usual you guy's are awsome......that thing is rippin like I did when I was 20:D:D

The Dragon

Latest posts

Back