Water in bilge....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyco

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Z19 2023 finally got on water to do break in, twice 1 hr each. loaded up pulled drain plug and a surprisingly amount of water came out. Any suggestions? Im thinking blge pump hose clmp? Not enough "spillage" came over transom to account for amount of water.

Something got missed,

hose clamp, sealant, connection.

don't forget about the ice in the cooler drains to bilge.

make sure over flow is connected to live well.

start by putting water in live well and see if any water leaks.

If that doesn't work fill bilge with water and see if leaks out.

Let us know your finding of the leak.

Still under warranty? then once you find leak take it in, but let them find it themselves. If you point them in the direction, then that's all they're going to fix and you might have more leaks.

Thats what I'm thinking. dont think its live wells, 1st run had water in them, 2nd run no water. Just pulled batts and cover, going to boat landing if i can see anything seeping in. Ill keep ya posted.

Dumb question, but could it be getting in where they put black trim piece right at edge of wash out? Maybe I'll take cap off and re-silicone.

Well this surely doesnt help, i suspected it and there is a gap.....

No quality control/pride in workmanship i tell ya.

Attachments

• 20230429_152909.jpg
    20230429_152909.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230429_153127.jpg
    20230429_153127.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Not being a dick but didn't you see this on your walk through? It's a 2023 take it back and tell them this is not acceptable and don't let them tell you it will be x number of weeks before they can get you in. I'm f they try that go find the store manager and you, him and the service manager sit down and get it worked out. That is really messed up.

I've got a new 2023 Tracker Pro Team 175 that I've had for little over a month & I thought the same thing, something came loose in my bilge area but not the case, I was not fully seating the plug in my boat. This is not my first boat as I've had around 10 from when I was younger until now. You really have to crank down on the plug & I use a set of pliers to get it off. Hope this helps.

Wow, that is terrible! I agree, they need to fix it without delay. I would also take several good pictures (these are hard to figure out) and send them to White River Marine Customer support and the Regional rep if you can find out who it is.

Not being a dick but didn't you see this on your walk through? It's a 2023 take it back and tell them this is not acceptable and don't let them tell you it will be x number of weeks before they can get you in. I'm f they try that go find the store manager and you, him and the service manager sit down and get it worked out. That is really messed up.
Well, on the walk through, I didnt take a screw driver and take apart the boat. This section is hidden under the plastic transom corner trims. Hides the top to bottom of boat. Caulked like **** or should I say lack of silicone. Im not going to drag the boat an hour away and who knows when they can get to it when i can simply apply some, and obviously better. Again, just a lack of workmanship these days.

Pics will be forwarded to dealer. I also discovered the hole they drilled for tranducer was never sealed. Pathetic.

Have a 2021 Nitro Z19 Sport and had the same problem right from day one. First email White River Marine they automatically give you an incident number. Add Nitro Marine and the Tracker Dealer so they all get email notification. And most importantly you have proof. Took my boat back to the dealership. They had it about a week and said they couldn’t find any leaks, but the leaking stopped. My boat only took on water while it was running. Tied up to a dock for 45 minutes and didn’t leak. I did find my live well hose clamp had never been tightened even after taking the boat back to the dealership for the leak. I have a list of 30 defects on my boat including a hole in the passenger side dash . Asked for some kind of compensation got $0. Even asked for a replacement boat no response. Most everything is fixed but it took over a year. Sorry you’re going thru this but it doesn’t look like the quality control on Nitro hasn’t changed since 2021 its still very poor. Just a heads up I paid for a 2021 Mercury motor, but got a motor made in February 2020. Good luck.

WOW.. Unbelievable for a very expensive brand new boat. I would be furious. Who knows where else they did a ****ty job, that you haven't found yet. Well you do have a leak somewhere. Probably from the same type of maintenance practices. Sorry you are going through that.

Have a 2021 Nitro Z19 Sport and had the same problem right from day one. First email White River Marine they automatically give you an incident number. Add Nitro Marine and the Tracker Dealer so they all get email notification. And most importantly you have proof. Took my boat back to the dealership. They had it about a week and said they couldn’t find any leaks, but the leaking stopped. My boat only took on water while it was running. Tied up to a dock for 45 minutes and didn’t leak. I did find my live well hose clamp had never been tightened even after taking the boat back to the dealership for the leak. I have a list of 30 defects on my boat including a hole in the passenger side dash . Asked for some kind of compensation got $0. Even asked for a replacement boat no response. Most everything is fixed but it took over a year. Sorry you’re going thru this but it doesn’t look like the quality control on Nitro hasn’t changed since 2021 its still very poor. Just a heads up I paid for a 2021 Mercury motor, but got a motor made in February 2020. Good luck.
You, may just want to take those corner trim covers off and check that seam on yours as well. Water goes right in there when you slow down.

WOW.. Unbelievable for a very expensive brand new boat. I would be furious. Who knows where else they did a ****ty job, that you haven't found yet. Well you do have a leak somewhere. Probably from the same type of maintenance practices. Sorry you are going through that.
Yea, hope not. ;)

Like all of us, you dont find this crap until you get it home and start using it. It is frustrating. So, far simple fix(if that is the only source), but not the point......

What made you suspect that area? Did you check the other side also? For what we pay for these boats that should not have happened. Looks like whoever trimmed the lower section gouged the corner then half a** caulked it. I'm lucky in that my dealer is only ten miles from me and another is twenty eight miles away. Good luck and hope this takes care of your issue.

Just to be aware, any repairs you do to your boat can void your warranty. And make it more difficult to get warranty repairs if what you do repair doesn’t work.

Wow, that is terrible! I agree, they need to fix it without delay. I would also take several good pictures (these are hard to figure out) and send them to White River Marine Customer support and the Regional rep if you can find out who it is.
Don’t expect a regional representative to respond or show up. I requested a meeting with a representative and didn’t even get a response.

What made you suspect that area? Did you check the other side also? For what we pay for these boats that should not have happened. Looks like whoever trimmed the lower section gouged the corner then half a** caulked it. I'm lucky in that my dealer is only ten miles from me and another is twenty eight miles away. Good luck and hope this takes care of your issue.
Call it a gut feeling/intuition. Yes, both sides had a gap between hull and top secction of boat. I'm still going back it into the water at the ramp just to check hoses, etc. While i have everything out of the back. When/if it stops raining.

I was just so supprised to see how bad it was, I shined a light from inside and I could see it from outside, again nothing some silicone can't fix but geesh... why bother, guy must really hate his job or it was a Friday, lol.

I did forward pics to dealer, asking them to forward to Nitro/whoever cares Dept.. Will follow up. More so to let them know their quality is horrible.

Here is a screen shot off White River Marine's website, I love the "quality" and "World class service". 🤪

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230429-212302_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429-212302_Firefox.jpg
    958.3 KB · Views: 0
Call it a gut feeling/intuition. I'm still going back it into the water at the ramp just to check hoses, etc. While i have everything out of the back. When/if it stops raining.

I was just so supprised to see how bad it was, I shined a light from inside and I could see it from outside, again nothing some silicone can't fix but geesh... why bother, guy must really hate his job or it was a Friday, lol.

I did forward pics to dealer, asking them to forward to Nitro/whoever cares Dept.. Will follow up. More so to let them know their quality is horrible.

Here is a screen shot off White River Marine's website, I love the “quality” and “World class service “

Hopefully everything will work out very soon and you don’t lose much time on the water.

Don't repair it, that can also void warranty in most cases. Too bad they don't have loaners available.

That's why they have that specific rubber there, I bet all newer nitro boats have this and this is there cover up.

Is that why they came out with the Z21xl model and redesign the transom.

I know that I am going to look next time I get the boat home, just look not take it apart, unless need to.

Thanks Cyco for bringing this to our attention.

Latest posts

Back