2021 Targa Bilge Pump Hose Problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 53552

Reaction score
Well I did the major oops at the lake last week, left my plug out at launch! Realized my mistake almost immediately and dropped off my buddy to bring the trailer back down. I also turned on my bilge pump but nothing came out so I thought not much water in the boat. Loaded the boat and pulled up the ramp and drained water for 10 minutes! I turned on the bilge pump but still got no water out of the discharge, but I could hear the pump running. Today at home I took a side panel off for access and the hose was not connected to the discharge outlet. It seems the spray foam in the hull is all around the hose and the foam appears to have settled and pulled the hose off. Couldn’t pull the hose back up to reconnect it because of the foam. It should have some slack in it anyway so I will buy a short piece of hose and a connector and reassemble. There is a discharge on the opposite corner for livewell pump out and now I wonder if it is the same way, may have to check it out too.

I would complain to where you bought it from, dealer I assume and ask them if there is any warranty on this issue.

Dealer was very helpful in correcting my previous list of problems but not going to lose use of the boat in prime season. Plus the dealership is over an hours drive away. Just pisses me off that the build quality seems so bad. Problem was easily fixed, going fishing tomorrow. Letting other owners know about possible problems with their boats since it seems there are many build issues. Thanks

Would recommend a email complaint to manufacturer so it’s documented. Seems like there should have been a hose clamp holding it on. So the clamp wasn’t tightened or no clamp was put on. Glad to hear you didn’t lose much fishing time. You might want to check all the other hose clamps. My live well clamp was so loose it would spin around the hose.

I would recommend checking all hose clamps. It took me a while to figure out why I always had water in the bilge of my Targa V19. I always blamed it on the use of the live well spilling over the top until one time when I wasn’t using it and still had a lot of water. I then put it back in the water and opened up the round inspection hole and saw it dripping on one of the hoses. It wasn’t easy to get too but it was very loose. Glad the hose never came undone.

Apparently you didn’t understand what I was saying. The hose was clamped and working previously. The spray in closed cell foam that was around the hose had moved pulling the hose off and not allowing me to pull the hose back in position to put it back on. Only remedy was to add a short extension hose to make it long enough to put back on the fitting. White River Marine doesn’t give a crap, their standard answer to all inquiries is return to dealer for any problems.

Latest posts

Back