Water in all storage comparments in the bow

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Gagnon

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Z6 and I have water getting in all the bow storage. I have used a wet vac and towels to dry and then left the doors open in the sun all day to dry and nothing works. I called the Bass Pro Shops (who I bought the boat from) and they are taking the boat back to look at it. Anyone else have similar issues?

By the way, never by a boat from the Bass Pro Shops. Worst experience ever and still having issues with them.

Might be some missing sealant, loose cap, ... Not sure waht you mean by leave it in the sun all day and nothing works -- that doesn't make sense.

No issues with my Nitro, local BPS, or Tracker marine. highly recommend.

Ive had 3 Trackers. All 3 leaked into the rod locker boxes.

Never bought one from BPS, always a boat delear. Never any problems with service. I gave up trying to keep them dry. I leave them propped open a bit when they are out of the water. Seems like id only get water when I was out in the rain, or take water over the bow.

I have an older Nitro that was having the same issue. I searched some older threads and used Toxics advice and checked the rub rail.....it had a "lumpy" look to it, and sure enough damn near all the screws had backed out a little. Even though your boat is new, I'd check those screws, because everything on a bass boat vibrates and works it's way loose over time when scooting across the water at high speeds. Hope this helps.

Eric

Joe,

Open your boxes and have someone hose the rub rail while you have your head and a torch inside and look for any water egress from the top down. The other place is through the drain hole in the foot pedal recess or through the horn which doubles as the front nav lights, The water hits the wiring under and diverts the drips. There is also a pocket of some sort that holds water under the floor and you'll find if you have you boat nose down the water in these pockets flows from back to front and gets into the lockers. I also use a wet vac when mine gets damp but just when i think I have it beat, tilt the boat nose down and it comes back.

i also have the 2012 Z6 that i got threw bps in foxboro which seems to be the same bps you are dealing with. unless you go to ny store. those guys there at foxboro are great i ve been going there foryears with my old nitro and will cont with new, i had doubt about new purchase but we got our boats in the busy season so that what may of seemed off.the only water i get is in the hull if i stop and let the wake hit the back.but triming down and slow stop does not let water in.

Latest posts

Back