New to group No power at Z touch screen

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishwalleye

Reaction score
I have a 2022 ZV20. Starting Battery is good, fuses good. Noco 2 bank maintainer seems to have an issue charging the #1, cranking & accessories battery, which is an Interstate AGM. I manually charged and then put back on maintainer. Key switch is live and will start the motor. Z touch screen is dead and controls all of the boats accessories. Any thoughts about what to do next. Two week lead time for bass pro shop to do the service through warranty

The motor, trim and jack plates all are wired direct from the battery. Check the master cut- off switch on the console dash, use a multimeter to see if the red and black wires leading to it are hot at 12-13 volts. The two other wires lead to the fuse panel. If your switch is like mine round 1/2 inch button that turns blue when powered on lights up it is downstream to the fuse box to look for problems. The “geniuses” at Nitro decided to epoxy three relays directly to the fuse block!? It could be a relay or two. On my 2022 the 99 cent Chinese switch failed. I bought 10 of them for $9.99. That is that you got protecting your fish in the live wells, lights and sinking for lack of a working bilge pump. You can go to any decent auto store and buy a waterproof replacement switch to replace it. I went the other way and installed a completely separate 2nd electrical system on my boat. With all my electronics on it and bypass the bilge switch for a auto switch direct to the battery. When going through my troubleshooting I found many serious possible points of failure, mostly poor routing of wiring through cut-outs without sheathing of any sort that could lead to shorts and even fire hazards. Do you have a battery maintainer or a 2 bank battery charger, they are two different things? You should have a charger that is connected constantly to the batteries plugged to a/c to charge till full and unplugged from a/c. They aren’t designed to maintain the battery and may damage the battery if left on a/c power constantly. Maintainers are for use during storage of lead acid batteries that provide a bare minimum of charge close to the level of normal storage discharge. Lead acid batteries are designed for regular discharge (about minimum of 11.8 V) followed by full recharge. After which you should discharge it fully to 11.8 v and recharge prior to use on the boat on the water. This prolongs their life. I could write a book on lithiums, but not here.

I have a 2022 ZV20. Starting Battery is good, fuses good. Noco 2 bank maintainer seems to have an issue charging the #1, cranking & accessories battery, which is an Interstate AGM. I manually charged and then put back on maintainer. Key switch is live and will start the motor. Z touch screen is dead and controls all of the boats accessories. Any thoughts about what to do next. Two week lead time for bass pro shop to do the service through warranty
Would definitely report any problems to Nitro and White River Marine while your boat is still under warranty.

Latest posts

Back