wanted nitro 288, info and boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony giacobe

Reaction score
I'm serious about replacing my 1968 Ouichita with a multi-purpose (fish & ski) boat, and looking at the Nitro 288. Hate to pay new price for this but cant seem to find a used one - are any available? With some of the slamming I've seen about nitro/tracker, what should I know about Nitro 288s, and can I expect to find a good used one, or just belly up and pay the price for a new one? Any info would be appreciated, and if theres' a used on out there to be had, pls let me know.

When I was looking at for a new boat, I tried to find a 1 or 2 year old Nitro in Florida, I was able to locate a few but not many,, looks like the Nitro's folks hold on to their boats allot longer than the Triton guys and Skeeter guys. Try looking on traderonline.com you can realy get specific as to the type of boat your looking for... There is a ton of Skeeter fish N ski's out their on that page..just took a look

I found a nitro 288 at our local BP that had been recently traded in. Before I ran into that, I had basically given up on finding one used. I believe they only came out with this boat around 200 so there isn't that many out there.

I've had it for two years now and love it. It's not the greatest in the rough water of Saginaw Bay but it's a sweet boat to fish in the morning and then pick the wife and kids up at the beach in the afternoon. Only problem so far has been the Mercury 200 Optimax. The powerhead went last summer. I love it's performance and fuel economy but I'm not sure the extra cost is worth.

Another place to look is American Yacht Sales in Dickenson, TX. They have a 2000 Targa with a 115 Merc listed for $10,500. This is a repo yard so list price means nothing.Offer $7000 and you may just get it. You submit a bid and they run it by the bank that owns the boat. They'll set up delivery for about a dollar a mile. There are several marine shops that will send a Mechanic out to do a prebuy on the boats in the yard.

This is how I bought my last boat. I bid it $2500 under NADA low retail and wanted it delivered at that price. I was very surprised when they came back with a "yes" instead of a counter offer.
http://www.yachtworld.com/americanyachtsales

Latest posts

Back