Non boat guy as executor for a Nitro 700xl, 98 iirc

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

700xl

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Temporary owner here as executor for a Nitro 700xl, 98 iirc
Nice Red color body with a 90hp v4 Johnson installed (and some fancy part that attatched to the motor bottom)

It was my step dads and since hes gone it needs a new home
So while doing some research I found this place go figure

Need to get info on best methods to clean it (it's been tarped since last yr) and the 2 lower main seat parts will need recovering/replacement thanks to an evil raccoon GRRRR

Needless to say I'm NOT a fisherman.. dont own a boat and honestly dont have any interest in such. This way his hobby and I sure as hell dont know squat about boards as a rule.

So it needs a new home to adopt it.

(same for a bunch of his stuffed trophy fish inc 2 massive muskies)

First, so sorry for your loss. It sucks having to handle the affairs of those who pass.

How you want to handle this is predicated on how much time you have to mess with it. If you want to spend some time and some money to fix what is in disrepair it should help you get top dollar for it.

If you just want it gone list it locally 'as is'. Facebook marketplace is a good place to list.

Just a wash- just like a car. Dish soap and rinse well. Will clean it up.

The motor is probably the biggest issue with a used boat. How long has it sat up? If you could figure out who serviced it for your step-dad would be a good resource. They may even consign it for you to sell it. You could also list it here in the for-sale forum.

Good luck!

On a side note... just a stretch here... you might consider keeping it. Fishing and being on the water is a great hobby and interest to pursue. Just a thought.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Hey there Chobeemauga,
Thnx for the response 1st off such is appreciated

As for the points.. keeping it? Not unless I win a million suddenly not only am I def not a boat guy I'm not a fisherman either (I preferred hunting many yrs ago) and once the house is sold which I'm hoping to have prepped and done within the next say 4 months or so. I cannot afford to keep it since its costing me a chunk while I deal with idiotnpaperwork and the bank are obnoxious aholes shall we say. Never ever will I willingly deal with TD again in my life (They were excellent when it was Canada Trust alone decades ago. Then TD bought them with the bs promise nothing would change etc.. well you all know how much such promises mean.. and they have consistiently gotten worse over the yrs)

As for boat.. its sat now for about a year. It was properly setup for storage same as he had done every year. The motor he maintained himself and he was the "go to" guy everyone looked to when they had problems. He had been working on such for longer than most of us have even been around so I can safely say he knew his stuff.

The biggest part wrong is the 2 main seat lowers were ripped open by a coin that managed to squirm in past the tarps etc.. otherwise it just should need a good cleaning, fresh gas and presto afaik. Batteries were stored indoors properly and I've maintained them of course (almost a grand in batteries alone with 2 of the 4 not even 2yrs old now).
What I dont know his the name of the part he added on the bottom of the motor that's a fin of sorts, makes it ride higher etc from what I understand along with the much bigger motor he installed 2yrs before. (90hp v4) and then there is his fish finder, trolling mor etc etc and other stuff I really dont know squat about overall

What I am having a hard time finding is values. There was one about a month ago on kijiii from not that far away here in Ontario that sold for 14K apparently (I only have info from cached url of the link since kijiji dosnt have cache of deleted ads and so far I have not found a good cache source for that). Otherwise I've found some similar in the US avg 7-10K USD.
But there are variants/options as well apparently.. like one I found that was a 97 with only 1 windshield.. where as this one is a 98 iirc and it has both windshields and full dashboard/gauge cluster etc.

I will toss up an older pic here this eve.. it's a pic he used as wallpaper on his PC but being older is the old motor and is missing upgrades he did inc fancy lights etc but it should give a pretty good idea I'm thinking

As for sale and top $ etc as executor I legally have to find a good market value avg and then work front there so again help from those that know far more than I do on this is a necessity.

Latest posts

Back