• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Lowrance HDS 10

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Thurman

Reaction score
I am looking for the best place/price to purchase a new Lowrance HDS10? Does anyone have any ideas other than watch the papers? Bass Pro and Gander seem to be the ones that have them and still are asking for full retail price.....there has to be a another way to find these via more direct at a lower price without sacrificing warranty etc.

I can find them online but have found if the price is better than Bass Pro then its usually a refurbished unit.

Anyone with suggestions is much appreciated.

E

I've found that www.boemarine.com has some of the best pricing out there. Plus orders of $250 or more shipping is FREE. If you are BBC member you get an additional 5%. That would put a HDS10 base map at about $1899.

I prefer the base maps so I can install a chip. Then in a few years I can get another chip if maps are updated. As of now maps on the Insight units are not updateable.

Lowrance is having rebates after 2/14. $200 rebate on the HDS10.

Keep in mind that the warranty on factory refurbished units is only 1 year as compared to 2 years on new.

just an idea....i got a brand new H'bird 1197si for only $1910 at a site called Costcentral.com........retail is $2799, unbelievable

From what I hear, If you opt for the HDS10 over the HDS8. you will need to supply a seperate battery just for your HDS10 unit. I dont have the 10 so I dont know if thats true, but i figured I would throw it out there. good luck

and lowrance rebates soon.. nice. im going to pick up the HDS8

I know guys running two HDS 10's off their cranking battery and no problems.

All great leads. I will pursue all of them and see if I can get some competitive pricing going. As far as batteries...I have 4 batteries in the boat already. If that is not enough then Lowrance lost a customer. (no way am I carrying 5 batteries)

thank you to everyone

E

Gary, you may be on to something. The free shipping, the 5% member discount and hopefully without Tax would make Boemarine.com the best price.

I will get back with you on the results.

E

Just a heads up. Lowrance is offering rebates right now if purcahsed between 2/14- 3/27 for their HDS10, HDS8, HDS7 and HDS5..also for the Structure Scan module.

just FYI...Boemarine.com has the best price ANYWHERE for the LowranceHDS10. I have searched and watched discounts for months and Boemarine has had the best price the entire time, year around...and that is before considering their free shipping with purchase over $250, there is no tax and if you call and speak with Jim and are a BBC member then they will honor an additional 5% off (the lowrance $200 rebate just made it sweeter) They were approx 15% lower cost than anyone else and I searched alot of them over the past months.

thought I would share.

E

you will need to supply a seperate battery just for your HDS10 unit

I found that the SI is what will drain the battery, I installed a switch and turn it off when not in use and haven't had a problem since.

Latest posts

Back