2017 Mercury / Nema Data?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, everyone, I'm new here and am looking for some reliable technical information- I've decided to make the engine cable connection to my Lowrance, Gen 3, HDS 9, so that I can monitor engine functions on the Lowrance unit. I wish I had done this when I purchased the boat but I didn't... My boat is the 2017, Z-18 with the 150 Merc. four stroke. I have ordered a Mercury smartcraft "CAN" cable to connect to the engine and I'm going to have to route that to the console. If anyone has done this, I'll be grateful for any advice on pulling that cable. I've also ordered the NEMA backbone start kit to connect the device as well as a required cable connector plug needed in the system. One of my questions is- Do the New Mercs need the Gateway stick to transfer the data to NEMA code? Any installation directions or new links would be appreciated.. I find very little on the web related to anything newer than 2013-14 and not much of that is useful. I know this is very technical but I'm hoping someone out there has done this?

Thanks guys (and girls)!

Latest posts

Back